X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryM2 View Post
    I have ordered a https://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0217300
    Fender '65 Twin Reverb Limited Edition Combo

I know I'll catch a lot of grief from some hardliners for going reissue but I can't shell out multiple thousands for the original period amp. I've been reading and hearing that there are some kits out there that I can possibly install to make it "more original"... what say you on that? And 1 - 2 - 3..... Here we go!
    Wow! That is such a totally different amp/tone than the models you were looking at before.?. And, since you ordered it, you didn't get to play through it first to see if you liked it.?. Unless you've played that model elsewhere already I suppose. Anyway, very bold move. I hope you like it.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      Wow! That is such a totally different amp/tone than the models you were looking at before.?. And, since you ordered it, you didn't get to play through it first to see if you liked it.?. Unless you've played that model elsewhere already I suppose. Anyway, very bold move. I hope you like it.
      Yes Chuck after doing more research I liked the '65 just as well and I have less concerns with it. And I should have mentioned that little detail about testing it out thoroughly at my local Guitar Center before I ordered it. I like doing business that way because I've never had an issue of returning something if for any reason if I'm not happy with it within a designated length of time... no questions asked. I could have gotten it quicker through Reverb, Sweetwater or Z's but I would not have as many choices or directions to go if something were to go wrong. So.... what do you think of the "kit" I mentioned in that same post? I don't know much about them other than they are available for "Reissue" amplifiers.

Comment

Yes Chuck after doing more research I liked the '65 just as well and I have less concerns with it. And I should have mentioned that little detail about testing it out thoroughly at my local Guitar Center before I ordered it. I like doing business that way because I've never had an issue of returning something if for any reason if I'm not happy with it within a designated length of time... no questions asked. I could have gotten it quicker through Reverb, Sweetwater or Z's but I would not have as many choices or directions to go if something were to go wrong. So.... what do you think of the "kit" I mentioned in that same post? I don't know much about them other than they are available for "Reissue" amplifiers.
        Imhe... many times people simply like the sound of the various combinations of “issues” with vintage amps and the mojo involved. Component drift, aging speakers, etc. If you actually need the power and the clean overhead of a Twin Reverb you should be fine. It may take a while for the speakers to “break in”. If you are buying it to play on “1” in your bedroom or a small venue and say you have a Twin it’s not a good choice. If you are playing clean, bright, and LOUD with a band and/or use it for a pedal platform on a large stage...it’s one of the better choices. Also.. hope you have a strong back

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          Imhe... many times people simply like the sound of the various combinations of “issues” with vintage amps and the mojo involved. Component drift, aging speakers, etc. If you actually need the power and the clean overhead of a Twin Reverb you should be fine. It may take a while for the speakers to “break in”. If you are buying it to play on “1” in your bedroom or a small venue and say you have a Twin it’s not a good choice. If you are playing clean, bright, and LOUD with a band and/or use it for a pedal platform on a large stage...it’s one of the better choices. Also.. hope you have a strong back
          I have a Fishman for acoustic "quiet" times... I tested the Fender '65 out and thought it should fit my scenarios perfectly. I will be gigging and jamming with it. I'm more experienced with acoustic sounds but I've got a Strat and a Ric' that need more attention so I'm going a little crazy... meh... we only live once. Right?

Comment

Ok... Maybe we don't ALL behave like that.
            Exactly, and it is only those few percent of people who make life worth living!

Keep in mind too, countries that are run entirely by large powerful countries are the ones most likely to have populations that have absorbed the same attitudes. The nicest people I've met have typically come from poor countries where people own very little material stuff, but value other people more than they value owning "stuff".

But I think a disproportionate amount of the people that control many of your circumstances do.
            Agreed. I can't change the world, but I can refuse to join those aspects of it that I find repugnant. So can you!

Trying to encourage people to behave differently is like asking a crappy dog to stop barking all the damn time.
            Not all people are the same, though. Evolution finds all strategies that produce successful survival. So we have psychopaths who will kill you and steal all your stuff, an effective survival strategy as long as you can continue to find new victims to kill. But we also had Mother Teresa, Albert Schweitzer, and Jonas Salk (who didn't patent his polio vaccine, so that it would be affordable and save more lives.)

Nobody can turn Trump into Teresa. But someone who is in the middle, neither psychopath nor saint, has some choice as to which direction to lean in.

Peace,

-Gnobuddy

Comment

I have a Fishman for acoustic "quiet" times... I tested the Fender '65 out and thought it should fit my scenarios perfectly. I will be gigging and jamming with it. I'm more experienced with acoustic sounds but I've got a Strat and a Ric' that need more attention so I'm going a little crazy... meh... we only live once. Right?
              If it turns out to be “too much”... consider a Deluxe Reverb. It’s similar at a lower volume, smaller, lighter. Like a TR’s little brother... and you can even get some grit out of it without breaking windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnobuddy View Post
                Exactly, and it is only those few percent of people who make life worth living!

Keep in mind too, countries that are run entirely by large powerful countries are the ones most likely to have populations that have absorbed the same attitudes. The nicest people I've met have typically come from poor countries where people own very little material stuff, but value other people more than they value owning "stuff".

Agreed. I can't change the world, but I can refuse to join those aspects of it that I find repugnant. So can you!

Not all people are the same, though. Evolution finds all strategies that produce successful survival. So we have psychopaths who will kill you and steal all your stuff, an effective survival strategy as long as you can continue to find new victims to kill. But we also had Mother Teresa, Albert Schweitzer, and Jonas Salk (who didn't patent his polio vaccine, so that it would be affordable and save more lives.)

Nobody can turn Trump into Teresa. But someone who is in the middle, neither psychopath nor saint, has some choice as to which direction to lean in.

Peace,

-Gnobuddy
                No politics please...... I didn't know this is a philosophical site either? Thanks to everyone for their insight into the Amp/Speaker issue I was having. I have ordered a Fender Twin 85W LE Tan ... no guarantee I'll get it because it is in short supply right now in my neck of the woods.

Comment

I have ordered a Fender '65 Twin Reverb Limited Edition Combo
                  I have ordered a Fender Twin 85W LE Tan
                  Collecting I see.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Always sounds better in dobly.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      Always sounds better in dobly.
                      As long as your JBL speakers have aluminium dust caps?

Justin
                      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
                      X