Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the f**king f**ker. Anyone seen inside it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't comment the sound of this amp but my presonal opinion is everyone who is able to produce such exterior design MUST be prescribed VERY STRONG medication or accomodated in the appropriate facility.

Comment

here is a link to the front graphics in high res, very offensive and gross, but better than the horrid tone of this silly thing IMO

http://www.metasonix.com/G1000large.JPG

Comment

Add a few drug references and he'll have the sex, drugs, and R'n'R trifecta complete.
        I don't know about you, but that rabbit looks blown outta his mind to me. Eating your guitar (left channel, master volume), that sounds like the furry bugger has got a serious case of the munchies.

Not being a fan of art for the sake of art, I think the idea is marginally more than cute, but hey, it's his brand of vadka not mine.
        Last edited by defaced; 05-05-2009, 01:33 AM.
        -Mike

Comment

To put it simply I've never taken this amp seriously. And anyone who does is not someone I would take seriously. Spending five G's on this turd isn't cutting edge. It's proving a dumb point.

Anyone with ears who's checked out the Youtube for this wad of shame will agree.

YouTube - Metasonix F@*#ing F#%@er Dual 15-watt tube amp! IT'S COOL!

They never even get around to making music. Just useless noise. There has to be a reason for that. They can't make any music with the thing so they want to appear cutting edge and indignant as a promo to the REAL edgy rockers out there. The rockers that too many players think they are. But when you get right down to it who can use an amp like this. the challenge to any real artist is to create something new WITHOUT creating something strange and useless.

It's kind of like a jet ski. You buy it, run it around at top speed jumping waves for two weekends and get bored with it. Except it's probably easier to unload a used jet ski than one of these shining examples of frivality.

Who cares?

JM2C

Chuck
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
            here is a link to the front graphics in high res, very offensive and gross, but better than the horrid tone of this silly thing IMO

http://www.metasonix.com/G1000large.JPG
            as much as it is quite offensive, whoever did it put alot of effort into the thing. drawing all those rabbit and guitar poses and the chain of rabbit "love" took alot of detail. the infinite box was kind of funny.

the only question is why? did they plan on someone actually buying it or was it a joke. if its a joke they put alot of effort into it.

was probably an april fools joke that turned into a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              They never even get around to making music. Just useless noise. There has to be a reason for that. They can't make any music with the thing
              I'm sure people said exactly the same thing about the Fuzz Face when they first heard Hendrix playing one. Of course this amp is going to sound useless and offensive to someone who's mired in the mindset of traditional blues tones.

I think it's a load of poop too, but that's kind of the point. Metasonix's target market isn't us, it's people who want to offend people like us.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Yeh, I get that. I'm actually really about that in my own small way. And I think the artwork is cool (and offensive). But there's a big difference between 'on the edge' and 'dead guy on the jagged rocks below'. I think this amp missed the mark by a yard. as far as I can tell by the video the thing isn't even stable. What good is having an amp full of fun wierd toys when you have to turn all the knobs down to play it. By the time you do get to a sound (tone?) that is stable (relative term) it probably won't be what you were after anyhow. The struggle is just making the thing work at all for any function.

Anyone into this kind of thing should check out Pigtronix. Great stuff for offensive rockers. They presented in the booth across from us at NAMM. I was impressed.

Chuck

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Now here's this guy making all these devices that are bringing back what we have been getting rid of for so long, NOISE!
                  Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Ut O. It appears I have a bit of a galvanizing thread here.

I think Trent Reznor ordered one, from what I either read or heard from somewhere. As long as he has a guy to do nothing but tweak the knobs....which I think he does, actually. I saw a vid of him and a handful of other musicians (I think Peter Murphy was singing) doing a cover of "Warm Leatherette" in which the sound would have been useful, and there was a guy doing nothing but sound tweaking.

but on to the main point...

I have more attraction to Noise Rock than your standard blues-based "Blackface" rock. Remember, Jimi made the most patriotic songs into an anthemic noise song...

Comment

Originally posted by Capacitordeath View Post
                      I have more attraction to Noise Rock than your standard blues-based "Blackface" rock.
                      Notice in my post above I stipulated "useless noise". There is a difference between useful rock n' roll noise and useless noise. For most of the demonstration the amp appears to be responding only to itself without regard for the input signal. That is useless as a guitar amp and IMO it is useless noise. If I had Trents rep and enough $$$ I might buy one just to create a buzz. But unless you just want to tank five G's you should look into any return policy. Seriously, check out Pigtronix. Lots of very useful noise at a fraction of the cost.

Chuck

Comment

I finally got round to watching the Youtube clip. It sounds like it's broken!

I have a distortion pedal modded with a positive feedback control to make it go unstable, and an old Maplin kit wah modded with a resonance control that goes all the way up to self-oscillation too. If I get them both oscillating at once, it can empty a gig in 5 minutes, and I still have about $4,950 left.

Oh, and the "bleeding edge of tube tech" would be Line6's modelling amps. Actual tube equipment doesn't have a bleeding edge any more.
                        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I used to think the Line6 stuff was the top of the list, but I think Roland beat them on amp modeling. There's also a couple of portable hardware VST players that seem pretty friggin awesome.

Now...the Variax on the other hand still blows my mind. I've been hunting for a cheap 300 electric and the Workshop program.

Metasonix should put a joystick on that thing, or a midi input. I've seen people graft a Korg Kaos pad into the body if their guitars. Get rid of the knobs all together.

hmmm...speaking of which...wouldn't that be an interesting way to set up an amp?

Also, I would like to say that someone on American Idol was apparently singing "Whole Lotta Love" dressed as a transvestite Elvis Presley. Thought you guys should know. Not sure why...but thought you'd want to know.

Comment

I don't watch American Idol because it's EVIL. Satan wants you to watch American Idol.

In a book I have which compiles interviews with songwriters Frank Zappa laments about how most rock and pop music has been reduced to the level of wallpaper. You play rock when you want a "rock" atmosphere. Quality is not important and that's why the quality of pop and rock has become so poor. It's all about the $$$ and no one in it for the $$$ is going to put more into a product than it takes to sell it.

American Idol is Evil.

That isn't to say the singers aren't talented. It's just that with this kind of format as a launching pad the best that can be expected of them is more of the same boring dry wallpaper.

Chuck

Comment

there are click tracks (interesting article here), pitch correctors (an interesting youtube clip), and such a wide range of milquetoast-ifying lobotomizing music techniques out there that one can't really be surprised that something like the effing effer would get made out of sheer spite.

It'd be great to wang a couple of awful noodles through the PA system of an American Idol taping. See if any of the singers heads explode.

Comment

I resigned from commenting my views about that amp since I didn’t want to badmouth it. Now that it’s obviously done already I just make a notion that I’ve seen clips where people actually play guitar through that thing at the NAMM show: The amp sounded as hideous and unstable as it did in that “COOL” video clip. In one of the videos a lady was playing the amp for maybe about 20 seconds, then resigned to laughing at the bunny pictures. I think that pretty much summed up the usefulness of that amp: It’s more a decoration item than a serious tool for a musician.

For some reason those clips were always removed from Youtube in a few days notice, I always wondered if Eric had his thumbs on that since we do not actually hear that amp in any of the “official” video clips. If he expects someone to pay 5K for that thing, I really understand why he does not want want anyone to hear it until it's too late. All in all, this amp and all the attention it received seems quite a sorry episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X