RELISH guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELISH guitar

Thought this looked interesting enough to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fqLR0dRTw
    If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

I often wondered why no one ever designed a guitar that could be fully serviced other than the string mount assemblies without the need to remove the strings. I guess someone else did too. Looks nice, sounds nice, fun design... I like it. I'm skeptical about how practical it is to be able to swap out the pickups though. Most guitars sound and feel right to a player in a certain way and then that's how they get used. In that scenario there's usually a "right pickup for the job" and you wouldn't want a different one. But whatever's clever.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Cool, but they lost me at "battery." So why don't they just add a jack so you can power yer geetawr from your pedal power supply? I would...

Justin
      "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
      "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
      "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

PU quick change solutions from the back are not new. In the 90s (I think) Gibson distribution centers could order a Les Paul Custom that allowed different PUs premounted on mahogany blocks to be clipped into matching slots from the back. Great for demonstrating/comparing different PUs, magnets etc.
        I know someone (a former Gibson sales/marketing manager - now an acknowledged PU manufacturer) who owns one of these. Might ask him for pictures.
        Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Relish are cool, like the bent maple neck too, but they cost $6000

They had an electro luminescent balance strip for the PUs at one point but seem to have ditched it, silly Swiss

Comment

like the bent maple neck too
            What does this mean?
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

My local music store had some on display for a while so I played one a little, not plugged in. Didn't like it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                What does this mean?
                the neck is single piece of maple bent at the nut to form an angled peg head, possibly using steam or hydrazine or some combination.

Comment

I think mentioning CERN instead of cheese would have been more in line with offering 'tech cred' about the guitar

edit: yes, interesting video. Fun!
                  If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                  If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                  We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                  MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

The original Dan Armstrong Clear Acrylic guitars had plug in pickups that just slid in at an angle. They just snapped in and had hard mounted “banana” plugs. I loved mine.. One of the first 24 fret electrics. BUT.. The lower horn on those always seemed to be bruising my forearm and they were pretty heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                      the neck is single piece of maple bent at the nut to form an angled peg head, possibly using steam or hydrazine or some combination.
                      Yeah, that's what the name seems to imply. But all they state here https://relish.swiss/innovation/bent-neck/ is:

"Relish Guitars’ headstocks and necks are carved out of one single piece of wood and bolted directly into the aluminium frame. This unity of headstock and neck results in higher resonance and a nearly unbreakable bent neck. Say goodbye to broken headstocks. Trust me, we tried."

And guitar necks being "carved out of one single piece of wood" are quite common.
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

^^^^^ so much for a Pete Townshend endorsement
                        If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

I think what you mean is, "farkin' pansies... Challenge accepted! Give it here!"

Jusrin
                          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
                          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
                          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                            I think what you mean is, "farkin' pansies... Challenge accepted! Give it here!"

Jusrin
                            Don't have the faintest idea what this means. (Straight English is already enough of a challenge to me.)
                            Adresses to whom?
                            Last edited by Helmholtz; 06-10-2019, 05:21 PM.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                              Don't have the faintest idea what this means. (Straight English is already enough of a challenge to me.)
                              Adresses to whom?
                              I think this is regarding the "unbreakable headstock" claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X