Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG solderless

Hi there. New guy here.

So anyway, I have a guitar that came with SD pups and I replaced them with the EMG Het Set, which naturally had their plug and go system. I've since decided they weren't what I was looking for, and I want to put the SD's back in.

In my typical fashion of leaping before I look, I bought a set of the EMG 500k pots, thinking that surely, there must be adapters out there somewhere for other pickups. Lo and behold, I was wrong.

So I decided that the plugs didn't look all that complicated, and I could just make my own. And herein lies the problem: I have no idea what I'm looking for, nor do I have an electronics parts store nearby to ask.

So I searched for a guitar electronics forum, and landed here. Any ideas?

P.s. I'm not soldering because I've demonstrated to myself on many occasions that I suck at it.

They look like single row crimp connectors like these - Crimp Housing

Comment

If you have a hobby shop nearby that sells radio control stuff, I think they might be the same as R/C servo connectors.

Comment

All right, great stuff, guys.

Now, what do you call the black and red connectors on the right?
        http://www.emgpickups.com/media/cata...245.jpg?id=989

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by shadowrunner340 View Post
            Any ideas?
            They look like a single row box header. What is the pin spacing? If it's 0.1" (called 2.54mm these days ) the 6 way crimp housings I listed above might fit.

Comment

All righty, then!

I bought a mixed set of headers and all the requisite things (a all-in-one kit on Amazon)! It doesn't have absolutely everything I need, but now I know exactly what to look for.

Cheers!

p.s. I found a RC parts store nearby and they just looked confused when I showed them what I was looking for lol!

Comment

Working...
              X