Another way to strip tolex off a newer cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
    but the damn rats. They are a real damn nuisance from hell! They can squeeze into anything, live off of eating cardboard, and like I said earlier... will eat the wiring out of your brand new cars!
    Pro help or no, those rats jumped the border at TJ. Call Homeland Security! You need a big big WALL ! ! ! Right away!
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      Pro help or no, those rats jumped the border at TJ. Call Homeland Security! You need a big big WALL ! ! ! Right away!
      What about the ones in the white house?

nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
        What about the ones in the white house?

nosaj
        Why? Is olddawg's house white?

Professional exterminators are getting so specialized these days... "sorry mister, we can only help you if your house is white." Harrumph!

Maybe the pros went to work on the nearest white house, and the rats fled to chez olddawg. Have mercy! Rats have rights too! Be kind to rat-americans, no matter where they came from, have you no conscience?

Looky there, another one, climbing the wall ! ! ! Right in your neighborhood olddawg! Whack 'im! Whack 'im!

Yeh, no mercy... Welcome to the USA, enjoy your holiday, olddawg's house is yonder thataway. Here's a handy map.
        Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-25-2019, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Why? Is olddawg's house white?

Professional exterminators are getting so specialized these days... "sorry mister, we can only help you if your house is white." Harrumph!
          Is this better White House.

nosaj

Click image for larger version

Name:	1d6ea8521081317trumprat1-jpg-mobile.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	853494

Name:	download.jpg
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	853495
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
            Is this better White House.
            Scary lookin' critter there! That one must have tunneled under the wall. Second photo looks an awful lot like:

Fit for the satay grill all right.

But - it's not a new problem. Looky here, highlighted in the yellow circle:

You remember when the rat crashed the press conference a few years ago?

Don't get all political on us now, Enzo has his big hammer at the ready too, look out here he comes - - -

Keep it in the TRUMPUS thread puhleeze.
            Last edited by Leo_Gnardo; 03-25-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile in the Kingdom:

They seem to link to a much cheaper solution in the video.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                Meanwhile in the Kingdom:

They seem to link to a much cheaper solution in the video.
                Now that's the way to go. Luv the McGyver rig on the pellet gun!

Unfortunately many if not most municipalities in the US outlaw the use of firearms. Often that includes air/gas powered weapons. In oh so politically correct California, well you can just imagine. We don't want our friend olddawg to have to continue corresponding from within the county jail. Might get away with it if neighbors are distant enough they don't hear it, and there are suppressors, plus air rifles with built in suppressors available. It's all good until the sheriff shows up, innit?

Out in the countryside, anything goes. Plenty of ratting videos to choose from on YouseTube. Have fun!

Comment

I was tempted to use a pellet gun on the damn squirrels that stripped my fruit trees. Done with it all now. Scaled down to an apartment at the beach... Now it’s ants. Never remember having a rodent problem as a kid in IB on the border... unless you count the warf rats on the getties. There was a rabies quarantine (and we put stray cats and dogs in crab traps). The real issues start when a new housing development invades a natural area like my last place. And the house wasn’t white.. it was a pastel stucco. As far as the other stuff. That’s for the other thread. I can give you more insight on growing up and living next to Tijuana, Mexico... and what the situation really is anytime you want. I used to gig at Mike’s Cantina in TJ back in the day. Wouldn’t recommend doing it now. And things in CA really changed in my lifetime. My Okie parents walked here to pick grapes. My brother and I had a duck blind in San Diego Bay walking distance from my parents house. My father was a NRA Lifetime Pistol Champion. I used to buy ammo at Fedmart at 13 years old. Things have changed just a bit. I’ll be out of here myself in a year or two...

Comment

I’ll be out of here myself in a year or two...
                    I can't blame you. Hanalei calls! But beware those wall jumping furriners from Princeville. One of them might be Todd Rundgren. Heck there's worse problems, hope you can avoid those cat-sized Hawaiian centipedes. Brrrrrr, they give me the creeps.

Comment

Todd used to own Tahiti Nui.. in Hanalei... which is a funky little place. I got priced out of Hanalei but am still looking in Haena. I don’t care for Princeville.. I don’t golf. The locals call it Haoleville, lol! I don’t fit in. Got up to Haena past the road closing last November with an agent to look at properties. Not so sure I want to be that isolated post heart attack although I’ve been hanging out there for over 30 years. Considering a place on the beach in Kapaa... but there’s a huge homeless issue there. I’m blown away at how much talent there is on those islands. Hanalei has a “Slack Key” concert every other week in the community center. I have never seen any rats on the island (although they do exist).. the pests there are mosquitoes and chickens since Iniki...
                      Last edited by olddawg; 03-26-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

the pests there are mosquitoes and chickens since Iniki...
                        2001 I was lucky to be shipped to Kauai, a music event for an AT&T convention at the Marriott Resort. We had the day before the show to unwind, so I took a hike up the road apiece to Lihue. Saw what appeared to be araucana (?) multicolored chickens popping up here & there in the woods. What a strange thing, to have feral chickens, and they're apparently a nuisance. Well I stopped in to have a peek at the museum, also grabbed a tasty pineapple cheeseburger & brew at a local pub. Mosquitos, they're a problem everywhere. They weren't in a mood to bite, and that's fine with me. It was a good day, I'll take all of those I can get. Send me back anytime!

Comment

Haena.. “Tunnels” Kauai... North Shore..

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53133[/ATTACH]
                            Haena.. “Tunnels” Kauai... North Shore..
                            Looks like the attachment didn't attach, sure would like to see.

Comment

Name:	44E7340B-F069-4E91-8E19-CB8B29FAE0A2.jpeg
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	853515
                              Looks like the attachment didn't attach, sure would like to see.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53147[/ATTACH]
                                Thanks olddawg! Ahhh, the way home oughta look! Shorts & sandals weather, every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X