Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers' Day event at the Roadhouse?
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
      Mothers' Day event at the Roadhouse?
      Bikers are a sentimental bunch. BBQ and shots. Place was packed.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7393.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	849563
      Not bad for 63 and a recent heart attack. Lol!

Comment

Rockin' that new Junior!

Last edited by bob p; 05-18-2018, 01:45 AM.

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Do you feel like we do, or Show me the way, or both?
          Or maybe neither but some Aerosmith?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Pretty guitar. Looks good on ya

Caught my attention right away since my partscaster is all natural with a tortoise shell pick guard. Now I'm Jonesing for a Junior. I have a Special, but it's red.

Who made that guitar?
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Had to post this:

Attached Files
              Last edited by Chuck H; 05-18-2018, 03:11 AM.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                Had to post this:

I don't see anything? Did you forget something, Mr. Potato Head?
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If you look at the code to his post, he referenced an attachment image. The board isn't displaying the image properly. It says the image is invalid.

Code:
                  http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/48862d1526604028-1j7kw7.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                    Semi off topic but here we go. Because the Junior is capable of such a fine tone, and also makes for a terrific slide guitar.

Perhaps a bit less well known, Day In The Sun. The track was cut with a Junior, because I told him he oughta use it. Turned out well dinnit? First chart action for him in a long long time in February & March 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBuPetQ506c

Bonus Track! Live performance for Suddeutche Rundfunk's "Ohne Filter" show in Nov. 1995. Yes that's Bob Mayo Bob Mayo on stage right. Guitarists dressed in fashionable at that time grunge plaid shirts. Gotta dress warm when you're on a foggy chilly Bavarian hilltop in November. Same guitar as he used in the studio. Sound's a little thin but ... what can you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZAetZvI4c

And yes olddawg, yer lookin' terrific in that photo, so is the guitar. Keep up the good work!
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Or maybe neither but some Aerosmith?
                      I'm thinking that the bikers would rather hear Mama Kin.

Comment

Isn't that an Aerosmith tune?
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                          Had to post this:
                          What's that? Looks so pretty, pretty vacant.
                          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I'm seeing the image from post #51 fine.
                            But there was another posted recently I could not see here:
                            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t46587/#post495440

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                              Semi off topic but here we go. Because the Junior is capable of such a fine tone, and also makes for a terrific slide guitar.
                              Dammit Leo!

Until now I had been successful at keeping the idea of a kit Junior out of my head. I really can't accommodate another guitar, I've bought 2 guitars in the past month, not including the partscaster that I'm still working on... when I get that finished, it will be the 3rd guitar in the past month.

And now you've got me thinking that I need to build one of these inexpensive Chinese Kit Juniors to have a dedicated P90 slide guitar. It would be a simple, glue-it-up exercise without a lot of fretting about all those things that 'dog had to worry about...

... must resist ...

Comment

Isn't that an Aerosmith tune?
                                Indeed. First Album, before they sang about Elevators and Dudes that look like Ladies.

Comment

Working...
                                X