DeArmond Rowe Pickup Rewind ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Folks,
    I made notes and I will post soon.I have the control box here and I will check it for you Dave.
    The pickupcoil is wound but I am not finished because the owner is not under pressure............
    Cheers
    david

Comment

Any ideas on the approx wind count for the inner vs outer portion?

Comment

Yean would love to know the value of the pot, and if you have a guassmeter readings off the magnets would be useful. I always wondered what was under the hood on those pickups and never was able to find the patent number for it.
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

don't the other 2 poles suffer tone or volume loss as a result of no wire being round them, or is that wire around each pole?

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
            don't the other 2 poles suffer tone or volume loss as a result of no wire being round them, or is that wire around each pole?
            Well my take on it is that some wire is wrapped around the bottom 4 strings, then the other two pole pieces are inserted and the remainder of the coil wrapped.

My gut tells me the purpose was to soften the B & E string by having less of the coil around them. I would further guess that this started with the non-adjustable pole piece 1000 model, then when they moved to the 1100 that they didnt stop the procedure even though they could now adjust the pole piece to get a similar effect.

Comment

Working...
            X