Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECF80 / 6bl8 New ( not NOS ) ???

Hey out there :-)

Does anybody know an manufacture who produce a ECF80/ 6bl8 or similar Triode/small signal Pentode in one envelope? Yes, I i know there are some of NOS ECF80 available; but I'm more convince to new valves For that i'm sure I can get them in the next years for a respectable price.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
    Karsten

The 6BL8 is a $3 tube...NOS.
    Why don't you just buy a life time supply now?

Comment

ECF80 / 6bl8

Hi Diabolo!

Yes, you are right. Buy two hand's full of 6BL8 should enough for MY life :-) Well, there is a dream or say: possibility to build more than one prototype. For that I would like to ensure to get this tube also in 15 Years or so without to pay utopistic prices.

I red that the 6BL8 is in current production but I don't get the manufacturers name. Not the std. I'm afraid..

So if this valve ( or similar Noval small power based ) is no more produced, I have to buy NOS versions....

Thanks a lot for your help and suggestion!

Regards
      Karsten

Comment

Doesn't look like Sovtek, Svetlana, JJ, or Shuguang make it. Are you thinking about making something commercially?

- Scott

Comment

It was a TV tube, so there are probably tens of thousands of them sitting around gathering dust. I can't imagine the cost rising much because of the huge supply and low demand.

Comment

I use the 6ea8, 6gh8 and 6u8 in some of my amp builds- same pinout as 6bl8, readily available.

I seriously doubt (even if you went into production) that you'd run out of these tubes in the immediate future.

To be fair, many of these later TV tubes were big improvements on the run of the mill guitar tubes- many have higher transconductance and lower microphonics than what we'd see from normal modern production tubes. They had to compete with solid state stuff towards the end so they were pretty well designed!

jamie

Comment

6BL8

are you looking for NOS of these 6BL8? I may have some...if your interested ill look...let me know!

Comment

Got some 6f1p

Hey

Thanks a lot for your input about the ECF80. I bought 10 Russian 6f1p for a good price. Well, this tube seemed to be in high numbers as NOS in Europe ( where i live ). So I follow the tip from Diabolo: Simply by enough NOS now. :-)

Thanks a lot!
                Karsten

Comment

Just remember that he who dies with the most tubes....wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                    Just remember that he who dies with the most tubes....wins.
                    Do TV/radio tubes count?

Comment

Originally posted by ThermionicScott View Post
                      Do TV/radio tubes count?
                      They only count in case of a tie to help determine the winner....

Comment

Working...
                      X