Obsolete Electronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsolete Electronics?

Hi, this is my first post here on Ampage in about 2 years. Everything here looks very new and polished.

So I've been wanting to build another design after I get out of GIT, but when I went to my favorite transformer site it's now gone. I did a search for Speedracer on this forum and found nothing. What happened to Joe and Obsolete Electronics? Is it just a name change or is it shut down?

Thanks,
    John Kelley Brown

I don't have the answer, but I've wondered the same thing. It would be a shame if Obsolete was gone. JKB, good to see you around here again.
    Dave

Comment

Kelley, its good to see that you're alive and kicking! We've missed you while you've been gone.

I haven't seen Joe logged on since tBoy brought up the new site, and I've been wondering about him too.

Here's the skinny on his web site registration from network solutions. He has the name registered until 2009. If you drill down on the links in that page, you can find Joe's contact info.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Does anyone want to volunteer to contact Joe (once) on our collective behalf?
        I don't want to pester him if he's ill or just sick of us.

If noone who's better acquainted steps up by, say 6:PM EDT tomorrow, I'll go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
          JKB, good to see you around here again.
          Dave
          Originally posted by bob p View Post
          Kelley, its good to see that you're alive and kicking! We've missed you while you've been gone.
          Nice to talk to you again Dave and Bob! I miss you guys as well. I've been so submerged with everything they dump on us at guitar school, it's a lot of work but I'm getting good grades and having fun. I miss building amp but when school is out at then end of September I've got some projects I've been itching to start.

Originally posted by bob p View Post
          I haven't seen Joe logged on since tBoy brought up the new site, and I've been wondering about him too.

Here's the skinny on his web site registration from network solutions. He has the name registered until 2009. If you drill down on the links in that page, you can find Joe's contact info.
          I couldn't tell which email there to use, both the one under Administrative Contact and Technical Contact look quite cryptic.

I've been out of the loop on amp building so long I don't know who's making the good transformers these days. I really liked Joes trannys and really dug the Delft handwound output trannys. I never heard back from Simcha Delft on transformers i wanted to order, the one I got was so dialed in I wanted more. In the case I cant contact Joe, any recomendations?

Comment

those cryptic emails don't look good. i followed the link at the top to better contact info to this.
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

If it's off line go to http://web.archive.org
              Aleksander Niemand
              Zagray! amp- PG review Aug 2011
              Without the freedom to criticize, there is no true praise. -Pierre Beaumarchais, playwright (1732-1799)

Comment

Just call Trace. He'll know. I guess a lot of us have been wondering the same thing.

Comment

Well, an email to the cryptic address hasn't had any result.
                  Trying the one bobp pointed to.

Comment

Kelley,

Great to see you back again! I've been kinda MIA lately...

I think Joe's been pretty involved recently with his band Louder Daddy, as I see their gigs advertised regularly around here (he lives in the same town I do). I've got his contact info around here somewhere, I can give him a shout if you'd like.

Ray

Comment

Ray,

Long time no read! Do give him a shout, ask him to visit this thread.

Kelley

Comment

Kelley,

OK, will do!

Ray

Comment

Heard back from Joe - message copied:

Nice to hear from you! I hope you have been well.

I'm ok, thanks. It's just been a very rough couple years. I had to stop running OEI due to time constraints with family & work. I really never meant to drop off the planet the way I did. A lot of things happened all at once, personally and professionally, and something had to give. OEI was that something for better or worse. I still feel guilty about it. I kept bouncing around the idea of trying to find someone to take it over, but never really pursued it.

I still have a bunch of OT's out in the garage if someone ever needs anything. But I shuttered the website and 'closed' the business for tax purposes in '06. I haven't had any time to even solder something since I moved to CT in '03. Most of my parts and stuff never got unpacked. Maybe when the kids are older or something I'll be able to get back into it. I am still playing guitar though, and even found a band - a bunch of other dads in town who are also 'ex' musicians. So instead of poker night or whatever, tues night is rehearsal. That's my one indulgence these days. And there is an OEI output in my 50W Marshall that continues to make me proud to have been a part of it all.

Please send my best to the ampagers, I miss checking in every day.

Best Regards,

Joe P

Comment

Ok,so

Who's going to be the conduit to get joe to open those boxes?
                            I've got a kekiid 50W plexi chassis beggin' for something to dress it up!

Marc

Comment

"Who's going to be the conduit to get joe to open those boxes?"

:: "I still have a bunch of OT's out in the garage if someone ever needs anything."

It sounds like an order for one would do it - but response might be a bit ... relaxed.

joe.pampel has a gmail.com address

Comment

Working...
                              X