Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gauss meter... How much do I need to spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd give everybody an update. I ended up getting an fw bell 4080 and it's one of the coolest toys I've ever had

Possom said to look into a magnatizer. I know I won't need one right away but if I start doing this as much as I think I'm going to then I can see where it would be nice to have. So where do I go looking for one of these bad boys? I've done some searches and I've only been able to find the huge ones that are good for people that are trying to magnatize 20,000 magnets a day. I don't have room for something like that not to mention the money. So does anybody know any keywords I can type into google, or ebay? Are they any brands I should look at more closely than others? Is this something I could make myself?

Comment

Originally posted by corduroyew View Post
      So I'll let schaller make my tuners for me

The pickups do so much to shape the sound of the guitar. When I do so much to control every aspect of these things why would I just overlook one of the most important features and leave it up to somebody else?
      Right on man! I agree 100%. Using your own wound pickup would give you the most satisfaction. It is something that is hard to give a value to but definitely makes one feel good in accomplishing well. Leave the hardware to others who have the facilities to produce them, but go ahead and wind your own pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by corduroyew View Post
        Thought I'd give everybody an update. I ended up getting an fw bell 4080 and it's one of the coolest toys I've ever had

Possom said to look into a magnatizer. I know I won't need one right away but if I start doing this as much as I think I'm going to then I can see where it would be nice to have. So where do I go looking for one of these bad boys? I've done some searches and I've only been able to find the huge ones that are good for people that are trying to magnatize 20,000 magnets a day. I don't have room for something like that not to mention the money. So does anybody know any keywords I can type into google, or ebay? Are they any brands I should look at more closely than others? Is this something I could make myself?
        Try STEWMAC

Comment

K&J have neomags that work better for magnatizing that the stewmac ones, and K&J are cheaper too, but I'm pretty sure that possom was talking about an electric magnatizer.

Comment

Working...
          X