Boss Pedal Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Pedal Switches

Where can I get new footswitches for Boss pedals? I have a pile of pedals here all with the same problem - they all won't switch.

Thank you,
    Ken
    www.angeltone.com

Boss switches

Steve Daniels over at www.smallbearelec.com sells them.

The actual switch is pretty nondescript, but I gather the key thing is getting the dimensions correct so that it fits snugly in the slot and has the right amount of pressure applied to it.

Comment

All new boss effects have a special flip flop (i think that's what you call it) circuit, it has a special drain system that prevents "popping" or any noise when activating or bypassing. Any push switch will do as noise is not an issue> as what was previousley mentioned the only problem you'll face is mounting the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by orson
        All new boss effects have a special flip flop (i think that's what you call it) circuit, it has a special drain system that prevents "popping" or any noise when activating or bypassing. Any push switch will do as noise is not an issue> as what was previousley mentioned the only problem you'll face is mounting the switch.

yes, it is a flip-flop circuit...smallbear has a drop in replacement switch. First though, open the pedal up and manually switch it to make sure it isn't someother problem.

Comment

I did that already... the actual switch Boss uses isn't in the Mouser or Digikey
          catalogs. You can unhook the wires from the switch, short them together, and the pedals all switch.

Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken
            I did that already... the actual switch Boss uses isn't in the Mouser or Digikey
            catalogs. You can unhook the wires from the switch, short them together, and the pedals all switch.

Ken
            here you go:
            http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=36

bw

Comment

Working...
            X