Found my best option right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my best option right now

I finally found my best option right now until I can find a good overdrive that will satisfy me. I am using a Johnson Loredo 15 watt tube amp and I was not satisfied with the mid hump using overdrive pedals. It took hat deep, reich, bottom end out of my Tube amp. I can't afford to start buying and testing expensive overdrives right now, so I decided I would run my Behringer V-amp pro rack unit direct in to the power amp section of my Loredo.

I really like this option. I have always liked the smooth overdrives and distortions on the V-amp Pro, and when the cab sim is shut off it sounds great through the little tube amp. I'll explain it this way, the Black Face sim on the Behringer sounds much fuller and more like the real amp than the Johnson does with the guitar plugged in to it's own preamp. The Marshall sim sounds great too and also much better than the Johnson by itself, and much much better than the Johnson with the overdrives in front with the mid hump.

Now, I can put my V-amp pro in my rack, have my tuner, good effects, presets, and good sounding models that make my tube amp come much closer to those amps than my amp by itself or with overdrives in front of it. After hearing this, I figure that it makes sense because the digital Behringer can give me the overdrives sounds and stuff I want without the mid hump that seems inevitable with analog overdrives.

The Fender model sims on the Behringer sound rich, with that huge bottom end, and I have an Eminence Ragun Cajun 10 inch speaker in the Johnson. So until I can dish out some bucks to try some overdrives I like, I will be well satisfied with this option. I'll try to do some recorded clips tomorrow and post the links here. I may decide to just stick with this setup as it's certainly convenient to have effects, tuner, overdrives and everything right in my rack.

I have always loved the V-amp pro more than the Line 6 Pod XT and better than any other modeler I have ever owned. I highly recommend it. I was Just wondering how many others have toyed with using a modeler in to the power section of a tube amp with the cab sims shut off.
Working...
X