Ibanez-maxon pue5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez-maxon pue5

Hi, I have the PUE5 that Maxon made for IBANEZ. Compressor + Distortion + Digital Delay + Chorus. Programable at a very elemental level.

Sound good, but the delay is sligthly distorted, even with the distortion turned off. żDoes anyone know how to find the schematics?

Thanks

All bucket-brigade delay chips need to have a DC bias voltage to work properly. Essentially, the audio signal is sitting on top of a steady DC voltage that is set by a trimpot, usually right beside the delay chip. If the bias is set a little higher or lower than optimal, the delay signal will be distorted. It sounds to me like the trimpot setting may have drifted a bit over the years.

Fortunately, adjusting that trimpot will not damage the delay chip, so you can feel free to twiddle it back and forth and listen for the cleanest delay sound obtainable. Good idea to mark the current setting, though, just for reference purposes.

Comment

For what it's worth since this thread gets old (and I should chime in more often). The delay part of this multi is built around a Maxon MC4102F chip meaning digital. I do not have schematics of this thing and would reference to the DDL-20 schematic in case of servicing such a thing.

Comment

Working...
      X