Sources for good hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources for good hardware

My first amp cab used hardware from my local big-box home improvement stores. While this hardware is functional, it's not terribly professional looking. Where do you guys buy good hardware (mostly finish washers and matching screws) in the US? Do you order from places like Grainger and McMaster or do you buy from shops that specialize in amp building?

Try Parts Express. That's where I usually buy cabinet components.

Comment

I also vote for Parts Express as a good general selection of speaker and speaker cab parts.

I also buy speakers and parts from Martin Sound.

Certainly McMaster-Carr will have screws galore.

And if you want nice large head chrome screws for corners and things just like Fender and Peavey use, you can always order some from those companies.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by armstrom View Post
        My first amp cab used hardware from my local big-box home improvement stores. While this hardware is functional, it's not terribly professional looking. Where do you guys buy good hardware (mostly finish washers and matching screws) in the US? Do you order from places like Grainger and McMaster or do you buy from shops that specialize in amp building?
        Sort of, here is where I used to buy quite a lot of hardware when I was still building all our cabinets in our own woodshop:

https://www.tchweb.com/cgi-bin/TCH2.storefront/
        Bruce

Mission Amps
        Denver, CO. 80022
        www.missionamps.com
        303-955-2412

Comment

Working...
        X