No announcement yet.

Fender Studio Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the schematic, the jack is a TRS jack, and the control circuits operate by grounding. SO any two button switch with a TRS plug ought to work. I'd stay away from ones with LEDs unless I knew that wouldn;t get in the way.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fender Studio Lead cabinet

I've had two of these now. The first one came to me for repair in the mid '80s after it had fallen on it's face off a truck or something. All the pots had to be replaced, too expensive for the owner to repair, but being a Fender Authorized service rep at the time, I was able to get the pots at cost and fixed it up for myself. It worked great until it was my only amp in 1999, something started sounding distorted in the clean channel. I never could figure it out and tried wholesale replacement of parts, finally figuring the circuit board was cracked somewhere I couldn't find. Sold it at a garage sale for $10, even thought the speaker was fine and the power section of the amp worked fine.

Now in the days of internet and eBay, I bought another one and when I got it, it sounded similar, a minor distortion in the clean channel. After playing it awhile it seems to have gone away, so I'm guessing a capacitor on an amp that hadn't been played in awhile.

But forget the fairytales, the point of this post is the Cabinet for the Studio Lead is exactly the same as the all tube Princeton Reverb II, P/N 019363, Ponderosa Pine with box joint construction (plywood baffle). For any of you who have played newer Fender amps with particle board cabinets, there is a huge difference. Just read about all the posts about the Blues Jr. and look at third party pine cabinets being made for big bucks. So if you can't fix your studio lead, think about selling the Pine cabinet and speaker.

Re: about the footswitch, Enzo is correct, it's just a two button footswitch with a TRS 1/4" plug. You can make one easily with SPST switches. Do not use one with LEDs, the LED on the front amp panel is your indicator, nothing will happen if you put one in with the footswitch unless you power it up with a batttery.

Thank you Enzo for posting the parts list, it was the only way to confirm that the Studio Lead cabinet was the same. It looks the same at the PRII, and is the same size, but it's hard to tell plywood from pine when it's painted black.

Comment

Working...
      X