• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR dynacomp (script) 1975 schematics

Hello everybody

Im new here (from paris)

Im seaching for the schematics for my old MXR dynacomp (script) 1975

I ave found the main IC (CA 3080) but a transistor is broken and has no reference on it.

thanks

Is it this one: http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/t...s/dynacomp.gif ?
    All transistors are 2N3904.

Mark

Comment

OUAHHH

that is fast ...
      the only thing that whorries me is the sentence
      "the transistors may be 2n3904..."

Thanks I will try and replace and give news

Comment

Voulez-vous tout simplement que ça fonction ou qu'il est précis pour l'époque historique? Si tous que vous voulez est un Dynacomp fonctionnant, un 2N3904 sera suffit.

Comment

Ok thanks I have got te transistors and te IC but now I see there is a little resistor on the oter side of the board is that normal ? I am affraid I have done some mods years ago. Do you have a photo of the board behind?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tboy; 11-22-2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: attached image

Comment

I have an old script logo one, the transistors on mine are MPS5172
            Code:
            http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MPS5172-D.PDF
            a general purpose NPN.
            It's a good thing I opened mine up - the containing foam had gone rotten
            so due for a clean out.... I'll make up something to stop it shorting.
            Here's 2 pic's of my Dyna Comp PCB.
            Hope this is useful to you.
            Attached Files

Comment

thank you, this is great becaus as I see there is a big modification on mine
              hope I can repair it now

Comment

I know almost a decade has passed, but I wondered if you had any more pictures of the dynacomp. I've got the populated pcb with some wires and nothing else and there don't seem to be a lot of complete images on the net. Thanks, regards Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfromiowa View Post
                  I know almost a decade has passed, but I wondered if you had any more pictures of the dynacomp. I've got the populated pcb with some wires and nothing else and there don't seem to be a lot of complete images on the net. Thanks, regards Chris
                  What is it that you are looking for? The schematic will show you what is missing, (pot, switch , jacks) and how they connect to the circuit. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out where the wires go on the board and what they connect to.

I have an old one somewhere around here that i can pull apart for you, but it would be nice to know what you are looking for before spending a lot of time doing that.

Comment

Hello Bill,
                    OK, what I have is thisClick image for larger version

Name:	mxr-dyna-comp-pcb-rear.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	848143 what I'd hoped for was either another photo that shows where these wires connect, or just the names of them, ie Orange wire= V+, yellow wire= pcb in, Grey wire = pcb out, or whatever they are. Thanks

Comment

Red wire (upper right in photo)= +9 volt battery Neg side of battery goes to ring terminal of the input jack

Yellow wire= pcb in Goes to one side of ft. switch and to input jack

Grey wire = Wiper of Sensitivity pot

Orange wire= CW term. of Sensitivity pot CCW terminal of sens pot not used

Red wire (lower right in photo)= ground Should be black wire

Purple = pcb out Goes to CW terminal of output pot

Let me know if there is anything that you don't understand or if there is something else you need to know.

Comment

Thanks, you rock Bill!

Comment

1976 MXR Dynacomp schematic attached.
                          Attached Files
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                          X