No announcement yet.

What causes this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe they sent a 50W PT by mistake? I've never checked out a 50 and 100W Marshall PT side by side but on the Antique site, it said mounting centers are the same IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by 496dart View Post
      There isnt anywhere else to move the aux tranny. I doubt i can get a smaller one. Im about to just pull the new PT out and send it back, we know its over-rated . Im sure they would give me a refund. I would just have to order one from somewhere else -and a different brand obviously .
      You could find a location inside the chassis for the new transformer. However, IMHO the best solution would be to solve the original problem by installing a PT that is up to the job. It seems that you have had a couple of incorrect (or nad) PTs in a row. Bad luck of the draw. You may have uncovered a problem with the transformer supplier.

Tom

Comment

• Ive decided to send this one back. Im tired of fighting this. Definately something wrong with ,or over-rated trannys. Still dont know the Brand...Of course they are closed till Jan. 2 .

Ive been looking around and found a Heyboer brand 100w Marshall replacement . Part # 7020810 .
        secondary specs :
        178-0-178 @ 300ma
        6.3v @ 7.5a
        103v bias tap

sound about right? Ive heard good things about Heyboer.

Comment

• That 178-0-178 doesnt sound right,I assume it is a typo.Check out Ted Weber,he has one for a 100 watt Marshall for $65.I have had a lot of dealings with Ted and I can tell you he is always a pleasure to deal with.If you email him and tell him your concerns he always answers very fast and has never steered me wrong.www.tedweber.com,I have never waited more than an hour or so for an answer to a question and most times he gets back faster.

Comment

• thats way too low i thought..

i will email him--Thanks !

Comment

• Thats a nice price! wonder why everyone else is charging $135..

Here is the wiring for it . What would the bias tap be on this--the 45v tap i assume ?

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/wpt100sch.jpg

Comment

• I would assume that is the bias tap,yes.Like I said, ask him anything and you will get some excellent help.Ted is one of the best suppliers I ever dealt with.My very first recone attempt,I got about $20 worth of parts and he basically walked me thru the whole re-cone process,answering numerous email questions.I cant say enough good things about this guy,you wont be dissapointed.Tell him what you were using (the AES PT),and the problem with the heater and he might know what they use and can comment on it.I am sure he will stand behind what he sells also.I dont think you can beat that price either.

Comment

• I finally got the amp done. I ended up with a Heyboer trans. Went in great and everything measures perfect. The new trans doesnt even get warm.

A big thanks to all--especially mr. stokes .

Oh, and i did get a refund on the 2 from Antique.

Comment

• Good news,glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X