Boss DD-2 Replacement Transistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DD-2 Replacement Transistor

Hi there from a new member and congratulations on an excellent forum!
    I have an original Boss DD-2 from about 1984 and I need to replace the low-noise transistor 2SC732TM-GR.
    I'm having trouble locating a suitable equivalent available in the UK, can anyone advise me?

If I were looking at my transistor selection, and I am, I would try a common 2SC1815 there. It has the same ratings in general, and I like the part - one of my favorite transistors.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo, thanks for the response.
      I'd spotted the 1815 as being generally similar but I'd wondered if there was anything 'better' to be had - I'm a bit new to guitar fx and I know there must be some components favoured for their tone.
      RS have the 2547 (whose noise figures are remarkably similar to the 732) but they seem to stock only the high-gain 'E' version so I'm assuming that I'd just get distortion...?
      Again, thanks for the help and thanks for the great forum.

Comment

I think you will find transistors a LOT more amenable to substitution than say tubes. A lot of the performance of a transistor depends upon the circuit it finds itself in. I don't worry so much about "better."
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X