Clear All

• Allparts brass parts

Hello all,

Does anyone know who makes Allparts' brass Tele rhythm pickup covers and
    steel Tele lead pickup baseplates?

Thank you,
    Ken
    www.angeltone.com

Post a link to the parts and i'll see if I can help you.

Most of these parts are ordered from small japanese makers who will not sell direct to you. They will not sell direct to allparts either. What happens is that the maker sells to a japanese distribution company (middleman 1), who in turn sells to allparts (middleman 2), who then sells to you.

For example with P/U bobbins... Allparts sells a part for $2.50 OEM, the japanese distribution company sold it to them for 110 yen (1.25), and that company bought them from the manufacturer for 55 yen.

The key is to find the japanese distribution company and that way you can cut the price down in 1/2. However, finding the right one is difficult.

Comment

On top of that... look at all the different parts from a company such as Gotoh that Allparts doesn't stock, such as bass tuning keys or bridges. Allparts will have just a few. And if you want to try and get those parts direct, they tell you to go to Allparts!

It's maddening!
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I know...

I was going to make my own guitar once awhile back, so I started collecting parts catalogs.

I had a really nice set from Hong Kong? with Wilkenson tremolos, Gotoh tuners and cheep pickups in it. Unfortunately, they had a truly huge minimum order and didn't sell individual pickup parts like covers.

Belwar, I will see if I can get the links you need. I have parts numbers.

Thank you
        Ken
        www.angeltone.com

Comment

I'm using Hipshot parts now.... really nice stuff.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

For the interested...

the steel Tele baseplate I'm looking for is here

and the chromed brass pickup cover is here

How well does the Hipshot Tele bender REALLY work? I was thinking about getting one.

Thank you,
            ken
            www.angeltone.com

Comment

I think I know where you can get both of those parts, but minimum quantities are likely 250-500 pieces. Are you currently getting OEM pricing from Allparts?

Comment

I don't believe so. I asked for it and submitted my state's sales tax (resale) license number, but never heard from them on the subject again.

I don't mind buying large numbers of something if it's something I need.
                Buying is always cheaper than spending the $$$ to make your own dies and buying a power press.

Ken
                www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  I don't believe so. I asked for it and submitted my state's sales tax (resale) license number, but never heard from them on the subject again.

I don't mind buying large numbers of something if it's something I need.
                  Buying is always cheaper than spending the $$$ to make your own dies and buying a power press.

Ken
                  If you sent them the info, call them and when you order make sure you state that "This is an OEM order" and dont be afraid to ask for it. It's your money and your business! Typically OEM price is 50% off.

Comment

Allparts is pretty easy to deal with on most things. If you order over $600 they take off an extra 5 or 10%. I think you can get up to 15% off on large orders.
                    Now that the $ is a bit stronger and the yen has fallen a bit you might consider ordering from Hosco which is a Japanese wholesaler that works with Gotoh. Minimum is about $1800 and the airmail shipping, import duties, freight forwarding and so forth from San Francisco to your door can add another 10-20% to the total. Hosco's prices are just about 1/2 of Allparts' wholesale price for Gotoh hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      I asked for it and submitted my state's sales tax (resale) license number, but never heard from them on the subject again.
                      Same here.

Comment

Working...
                      X