No announcement yet.

Behringer PMH3000 power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certain SMPS units do NOT like being powered up with a lamp limiter.
    If you have replaced the Top221, D24 & the 47 ohm resistor, maybe it is time to power it up normally.

Comment

YES. I have finished and tried without bulb. I have all the voltages correct. I noticed that large filter caps are lack of capacity and I will change them tommorow. But strange thing happens. Somethimes output voltages +-70V rises up to +-100Volts and I do not know why. Is it possible beceuse damaged filter caps? Everything else is checked and OK.

Thans

Comment

Is it possible that voltages without load rises so much??? Maybe this is stupid question but I do not have to much experience with SMPS.

Thanks

Comment

Change out the capacitors & then see what it does.
          The rise from 70 to 100 volts could be from the caps or lack of regulation. (because of the caps?)

Comment

Hi everyone

Just to say that I have changed electrolitic condensators, add dummy load 2x 7KOhm and everything working!!! Now I need to fix output amplifiers.

Comment

Hi again,

Next problem is DPA400 amplifier board. One is totali dead but with no blowned fets. It has blowned two resistors, 2K and 4,7Ohm and zener 13V. On another board it just blowned two resistors. When I switch on with speaker and input signal I hear healthy and powerfull sound but only for 1-2 seconds. after that I just hear some strange buzzing and cracking. Voltages are still fine and nothing is heating up.

Enybody had something like this?

Thanks

Comment

I have new information. One of the power amps DPA400 is OK. But I still have problem with power supply. Main voltage is going from +-55 to +-95V and then falling again to around +-60V. I am thinking to check everything in feedback loop. Another strange thing is that when I turn on the mixer sound is good for 2 secs but after that I just hear buzzing and cracking.

I have tried the amp module with another mikser and its work fine.

Please help me with some advice.

Comment

Hello everybody,
                  I have the same problem as the other with my SPS600 power supply. There is a flash on the back side There are 4 blown plain resistors on the reverse side of the power supply board. I think that T2 (17N80) MOSFET is in cause and has to be changed. But I'm not shure it will be enough to change T2 and the four resistorsDoes anyone has succeed to repair his power supply with this symptom?.
                  Thank you if anyone can reply to me.

Comment

I'm working on one of these 600 series power supplies for a PMX880/ PMH880 (I can never tell the "H" from the "X")
                    Here are the components I found Faulty:
                    Top221
                    D1
                    T4
                    IC2
                    T4 has an open circuit winding.
                    Anyone have T4 part number, and also part number for a whole new board?
                    Here in South Africa most of the part numbers for Behringer are written xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx type style.
                    Hope this helps.

Comment

SPS 600

Originally posted by diydidi View Post
                      I'm working on one of these 600 series power supplies for a PMX880/ PMH880 (I can never tell the "H" from the "X")
                      Here are the components I found Faulty:
                      Top221
                      D1
                      T4
                      IC2
                      T4 has an open circuit winding.
                      Anyone have T4 part number, and also part number for a whole new board?
                      Here in South Africa most of the part numbers for Behringer are written xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx type style.
                      Hope this helps.
                      Hy,

T4 is a BD138. You can have the have the schematic downloading it with SPS600 as name.
                      Here are the components I'm shure they are faulty on my board:
                      R55,56,57,66
                      R74
                      T2
                      R32
                      R41
                      D24

Good luck

Comment

Hi I am looking from schematics to the pmh3000 and the sps600 power supply. But I cant seem to open these??

Comment

We lost a lot of files in a server crash a while back, they will have to be reposted.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by numanoo View Post
                            Hi I am looking from schematics to the pmh3000 and the sps600 power supply. But I cant seem to open these??
                            We have a specific forum for schematic requests. It's called "Schematic Requests". Like Enzo said, we had a problem and lost a lot of old attachments. Please post a new request in the forum designated for this purpose rather than reanimating a five year old thread.
                            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Here are the schematics: PMH3000.zip

Comment

Working...
                              X