Bugera 333xl-212 big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 333xl-212 big problem

Hello to all members. My first post on this nice forum.

My amp Bugera 333xl-212 stopped working couple of days ago. I found an issue with a power connector so I'd like yous all know about Bugera quality.

only one question I have: What's causing that problem?

Hope you'll find it helpful.
    Attached Files

That's a burnt up Molex pin, can happen to anyone, not just Bugera. I Bet that pin carries heater supply. I might polish the male pin and remove and replace the female pin. I would use a trifurcon pin instead of the one-side pin in there now. Alternatively, one could snip off the connector and hard wire the wires to the male pins.

If it was still under warranty, that would be covered. Is it?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Still under warranty, but the hassle with online shops ( takes about 3 weeks to get that sorted). Thanks for your post!

Comment

So the Bugera's buggered ?
        Always wanted to say that !
        S'pose Behringer would be similar to Hyacinth Bucket in the old English comedy
        "Keeping Up Appearances" where she insists her name is pronounced "Bouquet"
        I s'pose they pronounce that Boogerea
        Had 2 Mesa's (with their valves fitted) do that.
        Was the heater supply.
        Just hard wired the heater supply to the board.

Comment

Between a rock and a hard place. If your amp is under warranty, you will void it by hardwiring the connector.

As Enzo said, Bugera amps have no corner on burnt Molex connectors. We replace them in so many pieces of gear that we purchased the crimp tools and GOLD-PLATED Molex replacement connectors for the shop a long time ago. Why gold-plated??? Because the cheap tin-plated connectors tend to build up resistance and then burn under high-current loads. Gold is much more reliable, but you will not see it at the manufacturer's level in most gear.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

If you are not already, John, look up the Molex trifurcon pins for the 156 size connectors. Grips the male on three sides. Much more reliable for high current. I would assume they sell them in gold finish as well.

And I don;t know where you are, but my Bugeras authorized shop in Lansing Michigan won;t take 3 weeks.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks again for all your help guys. I live in Ireland and got Bugera online from Germany so that's why it will take about 3 weeks. I better look for the parts you guys describe on this thread. I'll keep you posted with my work results.
              Last edited by j@c3k; 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I suggest you check the Behringer website.
                They have an exchange program in Europe.
                Should your BEHRINGER product develop a defect that falls under the BEHRINGER warranty and occurs during the warranty period, we will replace your defective product with a brand new unit!
                Many BEHRINGER Retailers are participating in this one-for-one Exchange Program. Even our Retailers who do not participate can help you benefit from our exchange service
                http://www.behringer.com/05_support/...e.cfm?lang=eng
                1. Take your defective unit to a BEHRINGER Retailer that participates in our new Exchange Program.
                2. To show that the unit is covered under the warranty, remember to bring your invoice.
                3. If the BEHRINGER warranty applies, you can replace the defective unit with a new one.
                It is that easy! Click here to find a BEHRINGER Retailer that participates in our new Exchange Program.
                If it is inconvenient to organise warranty service through a retailer, you may also contact our support staff.
                In this case, please use our Online Support or give us a call and ask for warranty service. Please provide the following data:
                1. Product name
                2. Serial number & data code
                3. Date of purchase
                4. Retailer name
                5. Detailed description of the problem
                BEHRINGER Great Britain / Ireland
                Phone: +49 2154 9206 4144 Fax: +49 2154 9206 4199
                Otherwise give ProLine Audio a call or an e-mail.
                Pro Line Audio Limited
                Thornwick Barns
                Cuddington
                Malpas
                SY14 7EL
                (+44) 01948 860360
                service(@)prolineaudio.co.uk
                They are listed as Bugura/Behringer UK/Ireland agents.

I'm sure seeing there will be 2 way freight charges to Germany it can be sorted more efficently.
                If you void the warranty as Enzo and jrfrond quite rightly say and there are further problems those 3 weeks may seem insignificant.

Let us know how you go.

After all there's the "Luck of the Irish"

Comment

Hi,

Some more pictures of the inside would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello again.
                    I've got my amp back from Germany after 4 weeks waiting and I'm quite happy. Online shop organized UPS collecion and delivery back to Ireland for free. They got it fixed with authorized repair shop. Didn't have a look inside yet but sounds and plays good.

Comment

Ahh all that ends well....Good ole' German efficiency, glad it worked out.

Comment

bugera 333xl decided to stop

hi i,m new to this site and it sound like somebody might be able to help me.Haven,t long had this amp cause i normally use a Sans Amp psa-1.Thought it would be nice to play threw some valves again and it was for a week or two. Tried to turn it on one day and lights come on but no sound.Check the fuse at the back its fine but haven,t yet pulled it apart to inspect.Any body got any ideas Cheers

Comment

Hi beitzey, welcome to the forum.

May I suggest starting a new thread for your amp. Adding it onto the end of another will get you less notice.

Very likely an internal fuse ha blown.

Comment

Bugera 333XL problem

My amp died today, and I found this link about the power lead burning thru the clip... Sure enough- I can take the exact picture- the lead melted thru the plastic, and I'm not getting any power to the male end- Now what !! Has anyone found any other damage from this- do I need to pull the whole board, or can I just hard wire the lead to the post?? 18 months old- and probably less than 200 hours on it- No gig- No smoke, No pets- just a few and far between hours of playing Petrucci

Comment

Solder/hardwire it to the terminal post, the molex connector is plainly underrated...
                              I can fix everything, where is the duct tape?

Comment

Working...
                              X