No announcement yet.

Peavey Power Amp PV-260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know this thread is very old,but just had the exact same thing happen to my pv260...has anyone been able to find a cure for this disease,i myself am stumped if anyone out there has a solution it would be greatly appreciated if someone would enlighten me...thank you

Comment

Your amp pops its breaker when turning on? Then one of your outputs is probably bad. Follow all the advice in the above thread and report the results. If you think there will always be the one same cause for every blown amp, you will be disappointed.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I got another one here

I just picked up this amp and they guy said it hims loud. So he proceeded to show me and there was also a nice warm glow in the left channel. I requested schematic from PV and ordered all 4 power transistors, the associated crispy resistor and 4 other NPN transistors. Some had tied replacing 2 of the 4 power transistors as well.

Now that it is back together I get the loud hum and do not leave it on more than a second.

I will check out your advice on the triacs and see if the left channel is shorted.

I will follow-up shortly.

Thanks
        Jimmy

Comment

I picked up a new TRIAC today. When I measured the left and right channel the left had a lower resistance (can't remember values off the top of my head). That's the one I replaced, but still have the hum.

Also I notice that when powered on the DDT for the left channel came on with the power and the right did not. Is this an indication of anything. I don't have a reference of how the amp should power up so I don't know what is normal.

Thanks
          Jimmy

Comment

Would you be so kind as to post the schematic?

Comment

Here is schematic for PV 2.6C

PV 260 PV 2.6 schematic.pdf

Please let me know if you have some ideas.

Thanks

Comment

Have you checked for any dc voltage on the output? Do both channels hum?

The triac is there to protect the speakers, the power amp will work without it in circuit.

Comment

I don't want to leave it on for long as fear of blowing more components. I will hookup meter and power it up and check for the voltage. I might even remove the other TRIAC and see if it operates correctly.

Questions? If the TRIAC goes will it draw the current away from the speakers? If so, could be my issue as I only replace one of them.

Also do you know the proper sequence when the AMP is powered on? I know some have the circuit that keep the speakers from popping.

Thanks for all the help
                  Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                  X