Sovtek Mig 100H Output transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovtek Mig 100H Output transformer

I own a Mig 100 H that was rewired / assassinated by the previous owners. Does anyone have a color code chart for the transformer in this model? It has 2 reds (a long and a short) and that really freaks me out. My friend whose working on it for me says it looks very marshall, but would rather see a color code chart to prevent any 'accidents'.

This nugget of information is the only thing preventing getting this Mig turned back into a real amplifier.

Can anyone out there help?

http://www.schematicheaven.com/newam...ek_mig100h.pdf
    KB

Comment

this link does not work and i'm in desperate need of the same document (mig 100 output transformer color code chart). can't find it on schematic heaven anywhere. please help???

Comment

The link is old, but Schematic Heaven is still around:

Schematic Heaven. Where All Good Amp & Effect Designs Await Resurrection...

The Sovtek schematics I have from the factory have no wire colors on them.

FInd the primary, that should be simple. Three wires, and the center tap can be found with an ohm meter.

RUn a steady signal into it and measure what comes out the secondary. There are 4, 8, 16 ohm taps, the the higher the voltage, the higher the impedance winding. You could theoretically measure the secondary winding resistance and order them that way, but they tends to be heavy guage wire and relatively few turns, so most meters will lack the resolution to do this.

If yours is wired in, the NFB tap is on the 8 ohm winding.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X