Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to assemble my Humbucker!

Hi there!
    I've built some singlecoils over time ad now I'm trying to build a humbucker for the first time. So I bought a kit from StewMac.com

And in the instructions from StewMac it says:

4. Wrap the end of your 42AWG coil wire (#1462) around the exposed end of one of the black lead wires. Solder the coil wire to the lead wire — the heat of the solder should melt the poly-coating off of the copper for a good solder joint. Poke approximately 1" of the black wire through the “square in a circle hole” on the bottom of the bobbin — from the inside of the bobbin out through the bottom (the bottom of the bobbin has four round mold marks). Kink the black wire so that it lays against the bottom of the inside of the bobbin.

I don't understand the bolded part that well. Maby it is because of my poor English. What the hell is “square in a circle hole”. Could someone explain more accurate how I'm supposed to do with the lead wire!

Thank you in advance!

This is the hardest part of putting together a humbucker, if you ask me! I have made a few of these kits. The "circle in a square" in the hole in the bobbin near the outer edge.

The idea is you connect your magnet wire to the hookup lead, and tape the connection, and pass the lead through the hole, then start winding.

I find this makes a lumpy coil. I've tried a few different ways, and I don't care for any of them too much.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X