Bogen VP17 amp schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogen VP17 amp schematic

Here is a free bogen VP17 amp achematic. I had to pay for it but i think it should be free

baddog
    Attached Files

Hey Baddog! THANKS! I have one of these that I'm planning to marry with a baldwin tone cabinet and would love to have a full sized version of this schematic. Would you PM the details if you can help?

Comment

Originally posted by jbeary View Post
      Hey Baddog! THANKS! I have one of these that I'm planning to marry with a baldwin tone cabinet and would love to have a full sized version of this schematic. Would you PM the details if you can help?
      I could probably email you a copy I that would help. You could just print it out and then you would have a full size copy. I would have to look to find it since I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment . Let me know if that will work for you. I'll be watching for your post.

Comment

Thanks dog

If you have time to email me a copy at jbeary@gmail.com that would be great. I'm not in a big rush and it can certianly wait until you move. I don't want to put you out but the one that's posted is real hard to read when printed because of its size. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it seems like the Jpeg thats on here is very small. Thanks and I really appreciate the help but do this when you can because I can wait. Ive had this amp for 25 years and I'm just getting around to finding a use for it. Nice little amp!

Comment

Originally posted by jbeary View Post
          If you have time to email me a copy at jbeary@gmail.com that would be great. I'm not in a big rush and it can certianly wait until you move. I don't want to put you out but the one that's posted is real hard to read when printed because of its size. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it seems like the Jpeg thats on here is very small. Thanks and I really appreciate the help but do this when you can because I can wait. Ive had this amp for 25 years and I'm just getting around to finding a use for it. Nice little amp!

An email had been sent. Not sure if it any better that the one I posted but mYbe you can work with this one.
          My VP is still kickin as a fender deluxe. I'm running it through an old 15" Jensen speaker and I love the amp. Good luck on your build or restoration .

Baddog

Comment

Hard to tell, but it looks very similar to my J15. I could scan and post it if anybody is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Zipslack View Post
              Hard to tell, but it looks very similar to my J15. I could scan and post it if anybody is interested.
              I assuming it's a Bogen J15 ?? If you want to post it that would be cool. Atleast the schematic would be out there if anyone needs it.

Thanks
              BD

Comment

jbeary,
                iirc got an actual paper schematic and would be happy to send you a photo copy, pm your address.

Comment

Here's my J15 scan..

Oh, forgot to mention...the sockets at the front by the mic inputs are for matching transformers. Mine already had the transformers pulled and the shorting wires connected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	schematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	824979
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Zipslack; 05-15-2012, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Got the rebuild done. Now I need to start on a cabinet. Will post pics if anyone is interested. Sound turned out better than I remember it. Worth the effort if anyone has wondered.

Comment

Here's a pic of the underside:

What's the blue center tap coming from the output tranny? Is this the 8 ohm tap and the outside a 16 ohm tap?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bogen_Underside.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	825007

Comment

Looks good. You just kept the guts stock but replaced them with new parts? I don't even remember what mine sounded like stock. I'm not sure what the center tap is for . Was it connected to anything in the amp or did it just go to a blank terminal? I'm guessing it would be 4 ohm if it is as center of the windings . I think the original speaker was an 8 ohm in thAt amp. Either way you have a cool little mp that didn't cost much to build. Just think about how much new hand wired amps cost and how much fun you had building this one. Make sure you dont let the amp building bug get to big of a hold or you will regret I in the future if you end up moving .
                        Have fun and post pics when your done.

BD

Comment

Hey BD. I have no idea how to modify this further aside from taking the tone controls out of the signal path. I had the idea of changing the low pass on the scratch filter to a high pass, but I spend too much time in the hi-fi tube forums and have developed an idea that I follow most all of the original circuitry as well as lead dress. Love the result tho and pleasantly surprised by the sound of this little amp especially the distortion. Does this mostly resemble the fender amps? Most of what I've worked on in the past have three gain stages and I'm not sure how I would tie the phono and the mic gain stages together but that's probably the only other thing is want for this amp.

Comment

I would have to take a look at the schematic to see how to daisy chain the two sections together but I shouldn't be to hard. I would think the distortion might be a little over the top though . There wan a good sight on the net about modding phono amps but I cant remember what the name it was. Maybe do a search for modding tube phonograph amplifiers . If I can find the sight I'll post it here. Are you usingthis for guitar or harp?
                            If you want to check out a forum that I hang out at let me know. There are a bunch of cool guys there too.

Comment

Converting Integrated/PA Tube Amps into Guitar Amps.

Comment

Working...
                              X