53 mm and 50 mm Cream Bobbin color ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 mm and 50 mm Cream Bobbin color ??

In the past I had used Stewmacs Vintage style bobbins and I think the Cream of them looks great.
    I had been glad to offer modern style 53mm and 50 mm Humbuckers and I was satisfied with the black GJ and Montreux bobbinsin the past.
    Now I would like to offer those humbuckers in Cream/Cream and Zebra but I am afraid on the look of those CREAM bobbins.
    Do you guys have the grace to post a pic of those modern sized cream colored MOJO or GJ bobbins side by side a nice looking Stewmac cream bobbin ?
    I think this is the best way to get a real impression on the look of those.
    Thanks
    David

I have them at work.. Ones from GJ and Mojo. I'll shoot a picture tommorow or monday for you.

The company that makes the stewmac bobbins only makes one string spacing so there is no corresponding 50 and 53 mm bobbin. It's a small japanese company that makes them for his own pickups. The other ones are alot more yellow.

b.

Comment

Hello ????

Comment

David, the only cheap way to get reliable results is to buy white bobbins and stain them to get the cream colour.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Hello Spencs,
          there was special on TV and they showed all your sheeps and sheepdogs and something else from Wales.Nice country.

How do I stain the bobbins ?
          Cheers
          david

Comment

Spences stain

Would have thought you'ld have known by now Davey that all of Spences work is done in sheep dip tank. He uses it for staining, Sheep dip potting and his special wire is sheep dip coated. Prob why he's famous for some of his wooly tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
              Hello Spencs,
              there was special on TV and they showed all your sheeps and sheepdogs and something else from Wales.Nice country.

How do I stain the bobbins ?
              Sheep dip?
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Usually I use huge quantities of my own brand :

http://www.spencerfieldspirit.com/sheepdip.html

otherwise I use a wood dye.
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Hey Spencer,
                  I am afraid on sheep stain stuff but I am waiting for those GJ aged white bobbins to come.
                  First I will try our neighbours sheep but if it ainīt that special shade of cream I perfer I will come over to Wales via cheap Ryan Air........
                  Cheers
                  db

Comment

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
                    Hey Spencer,
                    I am afraid on sheep stain stuff but I am waiting for those GJ aged white bobbins to come.
                    First I will try our neighbours sheep but if it ainīt that special shade of cream I perfer I will come over to Wales via cheap Ryan Air........
                    Cheers
                    db
                    I'll be in the Shed with Flossy.
                    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
                    X