Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5G9 Tremolux scratch build comes to life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5G9 Tremolux scratch build comes to life.

Finally finished, I did this one completely from scratch. Lots of extra work but in the end well worth it.

Sounds great. Here are some pic.

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/29904...25-87455/29904

Alby.

Nice one Alby. Very tidy looking

You gonna do any sound-bytes fr'us?
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Looks professional. Great work.
      I would be interested how it sounds too.

Comment

ooOOOoo, the wooden wedge for the footswitch is a nice idea! I bought a little aluminum project box. I think I like your idea better.
        In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments, it was a big project but well worth it in the end, and it was alot of fun too.
          I don't know how to record mp3 files but once I am up to speed with the amp settings I will do a video on You Tube, keeping in mind I am no Jimmy or Chet.

The footswitch is a close copy of the original Fender one from the era, there was also another shape they made that was thicker. I managed to do this one with lots of help from someone on another forum who graciously disected one of his so I could see what makes it go.

The amp sounds great, I have a 1960 Jensen P12R in it right now. It sounds like a tweed Deluxe but tighter and louder. And as a bonus the original size cab is just the right hight for sitting on while playing.

Alby

Comment

Working...
          X