EMC Performer II schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMC Performer II schematic?

Hi all, I am searching for a schematic for this amp. It was built in the early
    70's, and I am trying to find a schematic to figure out the output stage that is blown. I also heard there was an upgrade for this amp, be it transitors or what? Any help on this is greatly apreciated! It is used with a Tube Works rack mount preamp and is said to sound beautiful when working! There looks to be replacement trannys in there now and the other side the RCA numbers are rubbed off. The ECG replacement is ECG181 (not sure if it is even the correct replacement, maybe thats why its blown?) And what looks to be the driver trannys are 2N3741 and 2N3767 (these look original). If anyone has a schematic of any EMC amp that was rated at 150 watts and maybe the same trannys, it may be close enough for me to figure it out and get it working again
    Thank you!
    Ed

I don't think that amp is all that complex, after all it is from Cleveland, isn't it? FIll up your coffee cup or whatever refereshes you, sit down with a pad of paper and draw it out.

it will either be full complentary or quasi-complementary - that is the output collectors all go to power rails, or the negative side collectors go to the output bus and emitters to -rail. The rest of it should be quite conventional.

The outputs won;t be that picky. Whatever the rails are in voltage, call it 3 times that. Current? 15 amps, why not. Use something heavy like an MJ15003/004 or MJ15024/025. That should cover anything.

If there are rows of TO3s, make sure if the end one is wired as a driver, don't assume they are all in parallel.

I haven't looked, but did you google it? try "EMC amplifier schematic"
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo, there are 2 ECG 181 transistors on one side and RCA unreadable the other side (maybe ECG 180 replacements?), and what looks to be the driver transistors next to them, but I did get a schematic form a fellow that shows the same driver transistors in the power output stage, so I hope to use that for getting it to work again. The store I have been doing some work for has a EMC G300 212 amp that I plugged into the other day and it sounded every bit as good as a Fender Twin!
      Thanks
      Ed

Comment

Working...
      X