Cabinet input/jack plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet input/jack plate

I have an issue with finding an input jack plate for a 412 guitar cab. I have one but it has been tinkered around with and i dont trust it with my tube amp because i dont know what the inmpedance is anyways i need to find a jack plate with all the stuff with it(wires, cuircuit board???) and i know that marshall and randall and all the brands dont just sell them because they have the serial#s on them. Anyone know what to do???

I've seen them @ tubes and more.

Try Antique radio supply if you're interested in the Marshall style jacks. I think they have both mono, and stereo.

Comment

And www.partsexpress.com

YOu will most likely have to buy the jack plate, some jacks, and wire it yourself. If you want switching circuits and such, you will have to make them up or buy the boards from Marshall or Crate or whoever.

The fact they put serial numbers on those jack plates doesn;t mean you can;t buy them. The numbers are added, the plates are not made with them.

The impedance of the cab depends on the speakers inside, not the jack plate.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If the cab is functioning put a meter on it and find out the impedance of the cab. If I understand you correctly you don't need a new jackplate you just need to fix the one you have, or rewire it properly if necessary.
        Stop by my web page!

Comment

This is what i have

So i have a 412 cab that had celestion rocket somethings in it really crappy speakers and i replaced them with celestion classic lead 80s(16 ohm).
          What i need to know is how i would go about getting a new jack and wiring it up and know what the impedance is...if that makes any sense. i am going to be getting a new tube head and just wanted to get my cab working correct and know what the impedance is so that i dont get that messed up.
          So how do i go about the new jack setup for this 412 cab with 16ohm speakers???

Comment

Originally posted by olypen View Post
            So i have a 412 cab that had celestion rocket somethings in it really crappy speakers and i replaced them with celestion classic lead 80s(16 ohm).
            What i need to know is how i would go about getting a new jack and wiring it up and know what the impedance is...if that makes any sense. i am going to be getting a new tube head and just wanted to get my cab working correct and know what the impedance is so that i dont get that messed up.
            So how do i go about the new jack setup for this 412 cab with 16ohm speakers???
            Jack plates here.

With for 16ohm speakers the cab will be 4 ohms mono and two 8 ohm stereo sections.

Here is a page on cabinet wiring.
            Stop by my web page!

Comment

Working...
            X