5150 combo broke!!! awwwwwwwww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 combo broke!!! awwwwwwwww

um i was playing with the post set about halfway and my amp just stopped producing sound and would not turn on at all! i checked the fuse on the top of the chassis and it had indeed blown. i replaced it, and after that it turned on but only the pre gain knob worked meaning i could audibly hear the difference in the amount of gain but i could not increase the volume to an acceptable volume. i checked the power tubes and they glow just as they did before (a sorta haunting blue color) and i have no idea as to what else the problem could be. i need this amp, it has the sound i want for recording. and i hate recording with my blue voodoo 120 even though it does kick ass! help.

2 Things.
    1st: You have a bad power tube so get all of those power tubes outta there so you will quit blowing fuses. not the small ones (12AX7's) but the big ones (6L6 or 5881).

2.) Turn the amp off and let it sit for at least 15 minutes then pull the chassis out of the cabinet and change the bad fuse(s) inside. When you pull it out of the cabinet, the fuses are on the left side. I believe the high voltage one is a 1amp fast blow and the heater is a 10 amp FB as well ceramic. Once you replace these it should work ok if the fuses did their job. If you have problems report back. If you don't change the tubes it will happen again and you will have other more serious problems and may cause severe damage to other components or your OT.
    KB

Comment

Working...
    X