No announcement yet.

Single cabel volum pedal (for keyboard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single cabel volum pedal (for keyboard)

Probably the most of you know that the most of the keyboards has one input for volume pedal. I have one old guitar volume with input and output. I want to remake it to be useful for the keyboard (Yamaha PSR). So I need to make it with one cable because the Yamaha has only one input for Volume.

Please do no tell me to plug the volume between the keyboard and the amplifier. I know that this is possible but I want it to be with one cable.

I'll be thankful if someone gives me idea, schema or something like how-to.

Thanks in advance.

Change a jack in your volume pedal

Hi - I know nothing about keyboards, but if you've had the cover off, maybe you could see if it had a stereo type TRS jack? If so, it is porbably wired as an insert commonly seen on mixers. One wire is ground, one wire is a 'send', and the other is for 'return'.
    Replace the input jack on your pedal with a TRS jack also. Disconnect the output and rewire it to the new input jack. There are only two connections, and one is ground. The second wire would go to either of the remaining two terminals, the 'T' or the 'R'. (The old input wire taking the remaining terminal.)
    If it does not work, simply reverse the T and R connections. It's a 50-50 shot.
    Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
    Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

An alternate solution to modding the pedal would just be to use a 1/4" stereo (trs) to 1/4" mono Y adapter cable - something like this: http://www.adorama.com/HOYPP136.html...28849107307549. Then you would get a long enough male to male 1/4" stereo cable to connect to the keyboard. Or, if you could find an adapter cable that served the same function all as one piece. I just found this with a quick search.

Comment

Are you sure that this will work? I don't wanna blow the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by ivo_minchev View Post
          Are you sure that this will work? I don't wanna blow the keyboard.
          I'm not sure of the exact set up you've got, but GibsonLover's assumption that it's probably sending signal via a stereo 1/4" sounds pretty likely to me. I was just saying you could use cable adapters instead of modding your in-line pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by ivo_minchev View Post
            So I need to make it with one cable because the Yamaha has only one input for Volume.

Please do no tell me to plug the volume between the keyboard and the amplifier.
            I couldn't tell you without the exact model number, but going by the statements you made, a single input for a volume control is not looking for an analog volume control such as the guitar pedal you've got but rather a control voltage pedal such as a Boss/Roland EV-10 or EV-5. These look the same as a volume pedal except rather than passing actual audio it acts as a remote control for a volume parameter in the keyboard. Out of the box they're two different beast. If you've got some soldering skills and can follow a schematic, which I don't have, you could probably modify a guitar pedal to accomodate this, but it would no longer function as an analog volume pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X