Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find 47uF 550V caps for Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find 47uF 550V caps for Marshall?

Hi guys,
    Great place here! I'm new here, and it's nice to see some friendly folks, and some old friends from other places. I'm working on a JTM60 and need new filter caps. Can't find them from the usual suspects. Where do you find them? 47uf radials-maybe the snap-in type.

Thanks!
    Joel

Can't find Caps

Try www.metroamp.com they have a site for sozo caps just like the old mustards.real good site for Marshall owners,

Comment

Your best bet is probably to roll your own. A couple of snap-in type ~100uF 300 to 450V in series would do the job. You will need to figure out how to mount them securely and safely to the PC board or chassis aand run wires to the board since they won't just drop in to the old holes.
      I've seen several of these original caps fail, and this has been my method. I have some 120uF 400V snap-ins that I've been using in these amps.

RE

Comment

Yeah, I've seen some axial 47uf 600v, and I'll probably just have to use those.

Comment

Hi Joel-I buy from Antique Electronic Supply-those guys are the best, I had a Marshall muti-cap got squished in the mail and they sent some out to air the next day...no charge!They seem to have a great selection too. I think the ones you're lookin for are 1.95 a peice though...good luck.

Comment

I've bought some original LDR's from Angela Instruments. I think they are located in New Jersey or New York....A search on line should find them....

Comment

angela.com will get you there.I think they are in Md.

Comment

Working...
              X