1963 Fender Custom Shop pickup specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Fender Custom Shop pickup specs

I'm building a tele right now, and I want that amazing '63 CS bridge pickup, but Fender isn't selling them separately. Can someone help me by providing the specs?

Nothing?

Comment

Tele specs didn't change a whole lot over the years.

You can find a lot of specs here.
      www.tonefordays.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrmorrison View Post
        I'm building a tele right now, and I want that amazing '63 CS bridge pickup, but Fender isn't selling them separately. Can someone help me by providing the specs?
        Are you going to make one yourself or commission someone to make one?

By all accounts all the Tele boys think Don Mare's the man. He's a member of this forum under the name pupoholic. Perhaps send him a pm.
        Let us know how you get on.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Where's that "eating popcorn" emoticon when you really need it?

Comment

Originally posted by J S Moore View Post
            Tele specs didn't change a whole lot over the years.

You can find a lot of specs here.
            Thank you! So by using that site's info, the 62 and 63 didn't have any differences between one another? Maybe that's why Fender refuses to sell the '63, while they'll sell the '62?

Hmm..if that's the case, I might just buy the '62 online.

Comment

Why would you even want to by a Fender reissue pickup? Leo's not making them anymore.

Some of their so called reissues are nothing like the original, like some of the P basses which have plastic bobbins, or the Jazzmaster which sounds like a Strat.

Fender is just a big money making machine now.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Why would you even want to by a Fender reissue pickup? Leo's not making them anymore.

Some of their so called reissues are nothing like the original, like some of the P basses which have plastic bobbins, or the Jazzmaster which sounds like a Strat.

Fender is just a big money making machine now.
                I'm going to get it custom-made to the old specs by Seymour Duncan's custom shop.

Comment

That should be as good as the real thing.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                  X