youtube videos....no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youtube videos....no sound

Yes, I know this is the wrong place to ask but, do the youtube videos work for any of you? As of today, I get no sound from them. I get sound from other videos not on youtube. I'm wondering if this is a universal youtube glitch or something with my computer.

Thanks in advance.

You have probably changed something on your computer by mistake, check your speaker connections, your sound card settings etc. YouTube works fine for me, I have about 8 videos up there...
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Did you install a beta version of the Flash plugin? I had that happen once... it made all the video on YouTube pixelated and messed the sound up.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Most of the time I wish I could turn off the sound of youtube.

Comment

maybe you hit the volume button on the (Youtube) video (which will mute the sound). Or using some other app. (which also affects the Youtube volume) turned the volume off and need to turn it up again. Or simply a dirty jack. Or some weird software thing (which I probably couldn't help you with unfortunately).

p.s. oh yeah, youtube works fine for me (sound incl.)

Comment

It's working for me as well, but I read this on another forum:

"There was a Flash update recently. You need to update your Macromedia or videos will have issues."
            -Stan
            ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
            Stan Hinesley Pickups
            FaceBook

Comment

I had a weird Youtube bug when using Firefox where intermittently the video would stop at the two second mark - installed Flash updates, latest Firefox updates, etc to no avail. It seemed to self resolve a few weeks back, not sure what finally fixed it.

Comment

Thanks all. I was an idiot....just the volume control on the youtube page.

Comment

Oh we've all done something like that!

I can recall a few times when I built an effects pedal, and I'm trying it out for the first time and not getting and sound and... oh, I have to plug my guitar in first!
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

A tip for better picture and sound quality, type in the following in your tool bar at the end of the URL and re-search again. &fmt=18

Some clips you have the choice of better resolution at the bottom of the screen, but this gives that option for the ones that don't

Comment

Working...
                    X