soldering video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soldering video

look at this video, he says dont crimp the leads, he just makes a hook and loosly places it into the solder lug. i always make my connections as tight as i can. what do you guys think about his technique?.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIDyd...e=channel_page

from around 5:33 on? Looks okay overall. Maybe slightly long (time) when making joints but could just be a demonstration thing. Whether to make a really secure connection or not I think it just depends. Though making things very secure mechanically before solder is added probably gives more integrity to the connection, there do seem to be plenty of amps, etc. that don't do that (for example Marshall tube socket pins) which seem to work okay as long as you make a good joint. Possible downside is making a part or wire more difficult to remove in case you wanted to change something.

Comment

Scole, I also use your technique of tightly crimping the wire because it provides more contact area for solder to wet the joint properly and also provides a stronger mechanical joint. The downside is that it's much more difficult to remove.

Comment

Working...
      X