Peavey 5150 II output transformer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 5150 II output transformer question

I'm trying to put a mercury magnetics output transformer in my peavey 5150 II, but the tranny wires are different colors than the ones on the chassis. Could anyone tell me which wires go where? The diagram I got from Mercury is a little vague, and I don't wanna fry anything. Can anybody help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Originally posted by jpaz View Post
    I'm trying to put a mercury magnetics output transformer in my peavey 5150 II, but the tranny wires are different colors than the ones on the chassis. Could anyone tell me which wires go where? The diagram I got from Mercury is a little vague, and I don't wanna fry anything. Can anybody help me out? I would greatly appreciate it!!
    what is vague about the supplied wiring diagram? - can you post it here so we can see it?

also, try contacting Mercury Mags direct - they've always been very helpful with me.
    HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

OPT color code

The standard colors are:
      Primary:
      Tube Side A plate: Brown
      B+ Voltage : Red
      Tube Side B plate: Blue

Secondary:
      8 ohm :Yellow
      4 ohm : Green
      0 ohm : Black
      Hope this helps
      John

Comment

That is the American standard color code for an output transformer, those are the Peavey colors, right? SO can you post the chart for the new transformer?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X