X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall schematic

Need a scem for a RH300 .

got one?

i have a burned up diode in the ps -- need to know what it is. D5 on the board .

You could try here: http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Forum/index.asp

Comment

cant find one and cant register there. There something on there like

"You can find a valid VIP code on the WebSite-Watcher Support page! " to register

i cant find vip anything. what a joke.

Comment

Check this out :-VINTAGE RANDALL 1970 TO 1990
        http://home.mindspring.com/~gsunda/index.html
        maybe send an inquiry email..

Comment

Is this a solid state amp or tube? Are you talking about the bridge rectifer section of the power supply? Voltage and current ratings are all you need to know for a suitable replacement. You can make an educated guess by looking at the main filter caps voltage rating. Watch the polarity when you replace it. Also it may be a Zener diode for the low voltage rails in a SS amp.

Comment

SS power amp with a 12ax7 in the preamp. Its a hybrid

Comment

Check the op amps and see which v rail is missing. They'll use +/- 15v....my bet is its a zener regulator for one of those rails.
              The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

there was a burnt disc cap in the ps . However , with all the sec wires disconnected off the trans, i get a little smoke , heat and a burning smell from the Transformer.

short in the trans it looks like !

what would cause this in a SS amp ?

Comment

Same thing as a tube amp - transformer failure. MAy or may not have been caused by excess current draw from some circuit failure.

If you want a schematic why not contact Randall themselves instead of a forum there.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've got a RH300 here at the shop too with the exact same problem "smoked tranny". Let me know if you have any luck getting a schematic from Randall. They wont give me one unless I'm a dealer or warranty center.
                    I'm afraid I'm going to be stuck with this one for salvage. I would bet the tranny is about $150 plus shipping.

Comment

they sent me a RG scem , not a RH , i never went further with it yet , after finding the bad tranny. Email them or i can send you this pdf i have .

I called - $97 + shipping on the trans. They will sell to non-dealers . part # 31110042 for the RH300 "valve" model

Comment

Working...
                      X