customized chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customized chassis

I'm making another home-brew design and I'm thinking of using a certain Fender Tweed type chassis but nothing off-the-shelf will work for all the controls I've designed and need.

Does anyone know of someone who can build a chassis but drill out the holes and sockets as per my request? I'm not far off from stock but the people I've contacted so far aren't interested in making any non-stock chassis. It's easier to get non-stock cabs built but chassis are a bit more challenging.

Thanks in adv,

Bob M.

Bob,
    Custome chassis in small quantities are pricy and it's hard to get someone interested. However, if you reconsider and are willing to drill out your own chassis, you can get an exact custome size here:
    http://www.komboking.worldbreak.com/custom.html
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
      Bob,
      Custome chassis in small quantities are pricy and it's hard to get someone interested. However, if you reconsider and are willing to drill out your own chassis, you can get an exact custome size here:
      http://www.komboking.worldbreak.com/custom.html
      Tom

He stopped doing custom work. He has posted that his wife had cancer, and someone said recently that she passed away. Probably not the best time for business requests.

Comment

Here's a place: Southwest Metalsmiths (602) 438-8577 Ask for Mike. He told me that just one is pricey, well over 100 bucks, but that drops substantially if you need multiples.

Comment

HI Bob.
          Tweed-type chassis are easily made from metal stud material, simply cut it to any length you require. I have just made one for a 5F8A.
          Most building companys have bits scrap, some of it is pretty heavy duty but there is suitable lighter gauge material if you look. Head to a construction site.
          Aluminium is best and easiest to punch, a small sheet metal company could bend one up in a matter of minutes from any material you like. Then you just need two size chassis punches and a drill.
          W.Mouthurst

Comment

Working...
          X