No holes humbucker covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No holes humbucker covers?

I have a guitar I've built, with a Tony Iommi 'bucker in the bridge. I'm just not really liking it. After a few successes with winding my own, I'd like to try making a new bridge pickup for it. I'd like to keep the no-holes cover look, to match the neck pickup. It's probably ridiculous to let aesthetics dictate pickup choices, but it is what it is.

Can anyone recommend a supplier of a no-holes chrome cover that's decent? I see Allparts and WD Music carry them, as well as Guitar Jones (although they're out of stock on the Chrome)

I've not wound pickups with metal covers before, so while I have an idea what I should be taking into consideration as far as tonal changes, I don't know what I should be looking for in a cover, and I don't know who sells the "best" covers. I've read things here that don't care for the Allparts covers - I've no idea if this is what WD sells; I'll contact them on Monday. Should I see if that's a part GJ is going to get in stock again and wait, or is there another supplier that carries these I've missed?

Thanks!

Hello,
    I have a box of those closed covers here,plated and unplated nickle silver..I think I can part with a few of them.

Comment

Working...
    X