needing circuit board repair wire???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing circuit board repair wire???

Hi group I am working on my TSL that fried a small cap and took the pad with it and I believe the barrell. I used to use a very thin wire to help repair situations like this. Luckily the pad side that got toasted is just the pad and not attached to anything.

Does any one know where I can buy this type of wire and what guage I would order???? I will be running it through the barrell along with the cap leads.

Thank you for any feedback.

28 or 30AWG wire-wrap wire, stripped, works well if you have to get through a via. Pretty much any fine solid-core (non-stranded) wire can do the job - even a length of component lead, like that replacement cap's.

Hope this helps!

Comment

thanks

Ya, that helps alot. Thanks again

Comment

I use buss wire, like the stuff AES (tubesandmore.com) sells. It comes in a roll, and it's handy for grounding across the backs of pots etc.

Comment

For signal lines, wire-wrap works fine, but you cannot use it on an power or ground busses. For this, you need to use a larger gauge (22 or 24AWG) buss wire.
          John R. Frondelli
          dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

And if this cap is the one on the end power tube between pins 3 and 4, when those pads go, I just solder the new cap right to the socket pins.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X