pot, cap values for a bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pot, cap values for a bass

Hi. This is my first post and I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been asked, couldn't find it with the search option. After building several guitars, I'm building myself a bass. I wound the pickups last night, jazz bass type. I know I can find the pot and cap values that fender uses on their bass, but I bet there are other opinions on what are good values. On my last guitar I used a much smaller value cap on the tone control than I think is normal, .0047 and really liked the result, more usable tones, instead of going right to mud. I also used a 1 meg pot and a .0033 cap for bass roll off. Would this be useful on a bass? I used a .001 cap with a 150k ohm resistor for a treble bleed on the volume, is this useful on a bass? Thanks, I know I'll probably have to experiment to get what I like, but I hope you all can give a good place to start.

Classic Fender values are 250k for volume and tone, with a .05 tone cap (.047 will be close enough). You can go from there and find out what you like best.

Cheers,
    Albert

Comment

Working...
    X