Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .195" Diameter A2 Rods for Tele?

Greetings all-

First post, long time lurker. Great forum you guys have built here.

I am just taking the initial baby-steps, getting ready to build some Tele pups, preparing a materials list. I thought I would make a number of different sets initially to get an ear for what materials yield a certain result. I'm fond of A2 mags in humbuckers and thought I would give it a try in single coils, but I was hoping I could find it in the .195" diameter rods as found in the earliest Tele's (and Strats?). Looking around at the usual retail suppliers, I have yet to find such a critter. I do see them in .187" over at MojoTone, and I will probably get some of those as well. Just wondering if maybe somebody here has been able to find these A2 rods and can quickly point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help,

Corona Blue

Those used to confuse me until someone here explained that they were .2" dia. (maybe a little smaller from manufacturing) and others were .188" (3/16").

Anyway, if you want that size Fender MIJ alnico rods are 5mm which is about .196-7", probably A5. Maybe you could degauss them to suit what you're doing if you can't find anything else.

Comment

Thanks GlenW-

I've got a bunch of A5 mags coming my way. I've seen people here say the same thing about degaussing A5 or A3 to get close to A2.

I'll post here if I manage to find some real A2 rods in that size, just in case others want to find 'em too.

Comment

Working...
      X