No announcement yet.

Snarling Dogs WAH is messed, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snarling Dogs WAH is messed, need help!

Help my wah is broken

The wah part of this pedal wont turn on, but the built in overdrive (light) still works, but no signal gets through the pedal. help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tboy; 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM. Reason: attached image

The black wire by itself seems like it is disconnected from somewhere, but after looking at the photo, no immediate location, since the wiring is tie wrapped it can't be far. One likely culprit to consider are the continuity of the DPDT switches when they are clicked from up top, A cheap multimeter on 200 ohms scale will conclude the continuity of good mechanical contact to ensure a signal path. DPDT meaning double pole double throw switch basically translate to center to either side of the leg when clicked. Should a missing signal path exist on a switch, soldering a replacement will need to be done.

One thing to consider, soldering one lead on DPDT terminal isn't too bad, but should wiring require two wires to connect to the same terminal, that gets requires them to be twisted together then soldered to the point.

Comment

Are there only wires soldered to the middle lug of that pot? Looks like it might go to the outer lug that has solder on it. I can't really tell if there is anything soldered to if from the pictures.

Could you take a picture of the circuit board and post it for me? I have a wonder wah and wanted to compare them and see if they use the same board.

Comment

Arright heres the uh Picture of the entire circuit board as I see it.

And yes i think that uhh black wire may have been attached at one point, but may have come off during shipping (i got it off ebay). But I tried something; I blasted the volume knobs and the Distortion knob, and I actually got signal through the pedal, and the wah was working as well. I'm soon going to try wiring that black wire back up to one of the the spots on the button and we'll see what happens. but does this change anything, the fact that signal does get through the pedal? and there's even a working wah? maybe its the built in overdrive that might not work?

Thanks for the replies you guys!

Comment

Thanks. Too bad. It's a completely different board than mine. The board in mine was used in one of their other wahs and I am trying to figure out which one.
          Anyway, what I would do is strip a little insulation off the end of that loose wire and strum the guitar and touch it to each lug of the switch. Make sure to push the button on the switch so you try it in both positions. You should be able to find out where it goes.

Comment

Oh damnn, well I'm going to try that, stirpping the wire and running the signal through the pedal to see what happens, I'll probly post back in a few minutes.

Comment

I realized the problem, the Switch of the wah itself is broken as well as that lose cable but that was only for the led. Are there guides on here for installing DPDT switches?

Comment

Just get yourself a new switch. Take the nut off the old one and move it out of the way with the wires still attached. Put the new switch in and align it the same as the old switch. Desolder one wire at time from the old switch and solder it to the same lug of the new switch. You may have to adjust the new switch up or down to get it to where it turns on/off nice for you.

Comment

YAh man thats a good idea, i would have just taken off the wires without thinking haha!!! sucks there is zero schematics for snarlingdogs products on the interent, and zero support from the company itself, it also sucks these pedals are soo awesome we have little room to complain!!! haha okay but ill have to order a switchoff ebay ill post back in a few weeks if a) i cant fix it or maybe b) a nice tasty wah filled jamalam....hmm i can't wait.

Thanks for all your help Bloodbath!!!

Comment

No problem. SD's lack of support really does suck and their build quality isn't the greatest which goes back to their lack of support really sucks.

Let us know how it goes or if you need anymore help.

Oh, and make sure you get the right kind of switch. It will probably be available in momentary and on/off latching.

Comment

Blues Brawls distortion switch snafu

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blues Brawls dist switch.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	844692Click image for larger version

Name:	Blues Brawls dist switch.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	844692Tried to replace my distortion switch, the led works- think I got a wire or two in the wrong place. Any help would definitely appreciated!!!
                      Last edited by engelheimer; 02-04-2017, 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Another Blues Brawls question

Hello Bloodbath, had the same snafu with my Blues Brawls distortion replacement switch, led works, think I got wire in the wrong place...

Thanks for any help man...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry. I really don't know what the wiring is for the pedal. I don't have one. Tempestplayer had one so he might be able to help.

Comment

To Tempestplayer

Same thing happen to me, is your switch wired like this? Clip the tywrap and spread out the wires, to see e'm better and compare my image. Think I got a wire wrong.

Replaced the op-amp, next is the MC14506BCP chip.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by engelheimer; 02-07-2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: image

Comment

Working...
                            X