speaker load while testing tube voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker load while testing tube voltages

Hi, group. I recently had a problem and I was told to remove the power tubes and check for voltages present. Whenever I blow a set of tubes, I usually run two tubes for a while until my replacement quad comes in, and I have to adjust impedance on back of the amp to compensate for pulling of the tubes.

When I am measuring voltages inside the amp with no power tubes installed and with nothing plugged into the input, what kind of speaker load do I need to put on the amp?

Thank you for any feedback.

With no tubes you do not need a load. If you keep two working tubes in the amp you still need the correct speaker load or a dummy load of the same impedance.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

thanks alot

Thanks alot Chuck. You never want to end up doing more damage than good. I always like to ask first before I get too carried away doing something different. Sort of the measure twice cut once kind of mentality. Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
      X