TRAYNOR GUITARMATE 3 NO REVERB or TREMELO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAYNOR GUITARMATE 3 NO REVERB or TREMELO

I have just picked up a Tranor Guitarmate 3. Unfortunately when I first turned it on I thought I could hear a sort distorted attempt at tremelo accompanied by a loud throbbing hum which sent the speaker ballistic at full volume (without any sound from the guitar that is) After a couple of tries with the amp during the day the hum went off and with a bit of poking about the amp now sounds brilliant. Unfortunately there is no tremelo or reverb. When both are turned to max there is a hiss and i think the tremelo slightly boosts the signal. Any ideas anybody. I think the amp must have been damaged in transit cos the guy who sold it described the sounds it should make perfectly (he was some old guy that didnt play the guitar and hes offered me a refund so I dont doubt him. ) I dont think the amp has had recent either use cos the speaker connection on the chasis wasnt making proper contact.Ive check the valves and they all seem to light up and seemed to be seated ok .Sorry for the ramble.Any help would be good. Thanks

before you open it up, make sure you are careful not to touch anything near the tubes, transformer, etc with your bare hands, and unplug it and leave it off for awhile before you go poking around!
    Always turn it on with speakers plugged in.

allright, as for the reverb & trem, try swapping tubes. Check reverb tank it's in the cab in a black bag with 2 wires attached, there should be tiny green/blk, red/white, red/blk wires. These often break. The springs can come loose and break too. Make sure the rca jacks make good connection on the reverb tank and they are plugged in correctly.
    TREM usually has a switch somewhere, check footswitches and jacks if there is one

Comment

I have one of those and it had the most annoying bleedthrough throb from the tremolo if the reverb was turned up at all. Drove me nuts. The cure was simple though -- I unplugged the RCA pins leading from the trem and reverb and cleaned them with contact cleaner then reseated firmly. Works fine. So I'd check those connections first before getting into opening up the amp. Start with the simplest and dumbest things. (My amp had been to the tech for a retube and checkup and came back still with the trem bleedthrough). I'd check those connections first.

Comment

Working...
      X