Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensors

I know this has been gone through a few times but for some reason I can't find the threads at the moment.....

So I've been goin' through my options for a sensor and I'm thinkin' that a proximity sensor's gonna be the easiest way to go, especially since I can't seem to find the optical sensor I want in a quantity of less than 20. The problem I have is that there are different kinds of proximity sensors and I'm really not sure what the differences are. It seems like an inductive one is the way to go. As I understand it it creates a small magnetic field and open's or closes when a piece of metal passes by it. Is that the case? And then would it be normally open or normally closed that I'd want? How much of a difference does it make overall? The counter I've got is a cub paxr. Thanks for the help

Hey, the thread you are looking for is this one, I think.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...hlight=counter

I still have some prox sensors if you need one. They are nPn.

This will work with your counter if you set it up as Current Sinking on input A. Section 4.3 of the Specification PDF.
    I can help if you need further help with the wiring.
    Last edited by Magnut; 01-16-2009, 01:26 PM.
    Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

Oh wow, thanks a lot! I'll pm you. Man, people on a bunch of the forums I'm on are so helpful.

Comment

anderekel,

Try Schaer’s Electronics in Ingleside, IL (847) 546-2986. I got a sensor and a sensor disk from them that would work with my ECCI Micro-Wiz counter/controller. They were very helpful at the time. As I recall, I spoke with Fred.

Jim
        =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X