Guitar Amp Cabinet Blueprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Amp Cabinet Blueprints

If anyone has a source for blueprints for guitar amp cabinets, combos, heads, speaker cabs, etc., would you mind posting? Thanks.

I posted this same message in the Lobby and would have deleted it there but couldn't figure out how. Sorry.

I'm thinking blueprints for common amps that might need a "re-cab" after years of use -- old Fenders, Marshalls, etc.

My friend has an amazing woodworking shop with all kinds of tools, so I'm just kind of pondering the idea -- lots of local musicians, maybe a nice local market for a hobbyist woodworker/amateur player.

Thanks again.

Doug Shaw (aka ekaton)

http://home.att.net/~scole90/index.html

Comment

Just thought I should say that if you're the same guy who drew those outstanding 5e3 cabinet plans, I'd like to give you a long overdue "thanks!"
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

+1 They're fantastic
        Cheers
        Watto

Comment

No, I didn't draw them but they are very well done. Whoever is responable deserves a BIG thank you. I'm using them right now to build six 5e3 cab's (4 pine and two mahogany) that I hope to sell or trade for 5e3 parts(trannys,chassie,speaker, ect.). Its also a test run for a video on amp cabinetry that I've been thinking about doing. It seams thats for many people, building the cab is the hardest part.

Comment

cab drawings

thanks boys, im glad my drawings are being used. the drawing shows 3/8 radius for the outside edges, this should be 1/2.
            thanks again
            scott

Comment

Hey there all. Sorry about being rude and demanding information and whatknot but... Do these cabinet drawings apply to the chassis of the ceriatone 5E3 tweed deluxe kit? thanks. I'm not sure how cassis fixtures work. Are they generally the same or does it vary from chassis to chassis?

any light anyone can shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks

-Jack

Comment

Do you have any other cabinet plans? 4x10 bassman perhaps?

Comment

hey blues, the bassman is built the same way just change the dimensions. you can get the dimensions from the fender amp feild guide.

Comment

Does anyone have a nice idea for a housing for my ceriatone vibrochamp with a 8" Jensen speaker?

Would you mount the speaker on the same board as the frontgrille? Or would you put the frontgrille on an additional wooden frame?

thanks guys!
                    Crank it up! - Go Shake, Rattle & Roll

Comment

Konny, I would use a traditional blackface cabinet setup. The speaker is mounted to the baffle which is wraped with the grill cloth and the whole thing is mounted with two cleats on the side of the cab.

Check out this drawing of a princeton cab and just adjust the size to fit your needs.
                      http://www.el34world.com/Forum/yabbf...INET_1_002.pdf

Comment

Hey all,
                        I was looking all over the net for some drawings, and then just did a 1x12" cab myself on solidworks:
                        http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=F...37caec63&hl=en

Comment

Three speakers

I know, a three-speaker configuration is strange, but I want to try to build it. Basically I have two 16ohm 10" speakers and one 8ohm 10"

My question is:
                          Can I wire the two 16ohm speakers in parallel (so the load is combined at 8ohms) and then wire the 8ohm speaker in series??
                          and would this put my total impedance at 8ohms or 4ohms?

Comment

Originally posted by tito628 View Post
                            I know, a three-speaker configuration is strange, but I want to try to build it. Basically I have two 16ohm 10" speakers and one 8ohm 10"

My question is:
                            Can I wire the two 16ohm speakers in parallel (so the load is combined at 8ohms) and then wire the 8ohm speaker in series??
                            and would this put my total impedance at 8ohms or 4ohms?
                            If you wired 2 x 16R in parallel, then added another 8R in series onto one end, you'd have 16R in total. The power would be unevenly distributed tho', with the 8R speaker taking 1/2 the power output, and the 2 x 16 taking 1/4 of the power each. (So the 8R would be working harder, and all other things being equal - louder)
                            Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

The two 16 ohm speakers in parallel give you 8 ohms ((16 X 16) / (16 + 16)), which you stated correctly. Add to this the 8 ohms of the speaker in series (an additive operation with resistances), and you get 16 ohms total. However, if you put them all in parallel then you'll get 4 ohms.

1 / ((1/16) + (1/16) + 1/8))
                              1 / .250

Comment

Working...
                              X