• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you both very much
    that kind of what i thought but i wasn't sure

Comment

better configuration

Hello..
      I'm building the cab for the 5f6-A bassman.
      I have to decide one thing because I don't want to use 4 speaker as the original.
      In your opinion what is the better speaker configuration for that head?
      I'm tinking to mount one or two speaker instead of four... but I need help about speaker dimension impedance etc..
      thank you in advance.
      Happy to share

Comment

Vince, (slightly off topic) did you modify the 5E3 plans for the Bassman or did you roll your own?

Comment

I found a 5e3 plans, that was my starting point
          Happy to share

Comment

Check out this thread

Check out this ongoing thread:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...ead.php?t=9746

Tone Pilgrim
            [SIZE="4"][B]waking lucy
            [URL="http://www.myspace.com/wakinglucy"]http://www.myspace.com/wakinglucy[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

hi there. New poster here. Just about to start my first amp build. Going to use the Ampmaker 5 watt kit. Just need to know what is the minimum thickness plywood to use for cabinet and speaker board. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by a1terrier View Post
                hi there. New poster here. Just about to start my first amp build. Going to use the Ampmaker 5 watt kit. Just need to know what is the minimum thickness plywood to use for cabinet and speaker board. Thanks.
                It was quite common for the old catalog amps to be made from 3/8" ply. 1/2" is very common (Marshall style head cabs) and 3/4" is the most popular choice. As for the baffle, 3/8 or 1/2 would be fine as long as you not trying to mount a JBL 130 or something like that.

Comment

Thanks for reply jaydawg. Much appreciated. Just got to summon up the courage to order the kit now!!

Comment

2x12 cabnet?

hey i'm phil, i'm new to this hobby and new to this website. i'm trying to build a 2x12 cabnet amp with celestion g12m "greenback" speakers. they have ceramic magnets and i'm wondering if anyone has any expirience with something like this? please let me know.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I really wanted to say thanks for scole for a great set of plans for the Deluxe cabinets. I can't imagine how many guys have been able to complete their projects because these plans were available. I ran across this thread tonight because I had my first chance to compare one of my cabinets against an original Fender and the radius didn't look right. I see now it should be 1/2" not 3/8". I plan to fix that on two I am building tomorrow.

Thanks again Scole. Great job.

TWC

Originally posted by scole View Post
                      thanks boys, im glad my drawings are being used. the drawing shows 3/8 radius for the outside edges, this should be 1/2.
                      thanks again
                      scott

Comment

Haven't heard from Steve for a wee while now. Wonder how he's getting on?
                        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
                        X