Marshall 6 pin DIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 6 pin DIN

Does anyone know or have a wiring diagram of a 6 pin DIN on a 3 button Marshall footswitch.This is for a 6100 amp.The original is molded and there's no way to get it apart and tell which wire goes where.At least not without 2 hours labor.
    TIA

I'm sure you already have this print, but I don't have any more info than this:

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...6100-64-04.pdf

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by tonezoneonline View Post
      The original is molded and there's no way to get it apart and tell which wire goes where.At least not without 2 hours labor.
      TIA
      Are all the wires broken? You should be able to at least trace the ones that still have connection, and then maybe guess the rest.

RE

Comment

tia, I have a diagram I drew of this pedal & pin allocations. I'll see what I can put together for you...BTW, you can get the wire w/din plug from Marshall for about $15. glen

Comment

thanks for the replys guys.Enzo:I do have that drawing .Just overlooked it.
          Rick:The problem is the plug.The guy trashed the plug and it's molded so getting the pinout from it would be a hassle.I could ohm each one out.
          Mars:I tried Marshall and partisparts and neither sell the cable with plug anymore.It's the whole box or nothing and this happens to be the most expensive one.Around $127 I think they told me.I'll take whatever you got.
          thanks again

Comment

That was Ray, not me...

So buy a DIN male, lop off the molded end of the existing cable, and replace it. You can figure out which wire goes to what in the pedal, and also which hole in the jack on the amp does what easily enough, then put it together.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Got it and that's what I've done.I've had a cold and not thinking real clear this week.Wasn't wanting to charge the customer anymore time than I had to since he brings me a lot of work and they sometimes don't understand the charge for changing a simple plug.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                That was Ray, not me...

So buy a DIN male, lop off the molded end of the existing cable, and replace it. You can figure out which wire goes to what in the pedal, and also which hole in the jack on the amp does what easily enough, then put it together.
                That's what I do, I've fixed a few of these.....cheap cables that get trampled on!

Comment

I've seen several of these cables break one wire in the middle somewhere. Not terribly impressed with the cable quality. I'm thinking Peavey may have a suitable replacement complete with the 6 pin DIN molded end. I still haven't researched the part # though.

RE

Comment

din cable wiring

Sorry Rick,
                    I thought I had that wiring diagram, but can't find it now....glen

Comment

I think PV used that cable in amps with an 'automix' channel switching function, like a Deuce.

ken
                      www.angeltone.com

Comment

If you want to go the PV route, try calling the parts department and ordering a "footswitch cable with 6 pin DIN."
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          If you want to go the PV route, try calling the parts department and ordering a "footswitch cable with 6 pin DIN."
                          yeah, I think the Marshall din has that D$@ned center pin that makes it impossible to find. I've seen some of the PV's foot pedal cables & they are just the typical arced arrangement with no center pin.

Pretty dumb that Marshall in their infinite wisdom desides to make the cable no longer available. I suppose it's a good move for them if they sell more pedals. good luck, glen

Comment

I found the 6 pin DIN at Mouser with the center pin.Ordered several extra since Marshall no longer carries them.

Comment

Depends which PV connector you look at, they have MANY different types.

Comment

Working...
                              X