Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Hi,
    I am trying out a 65 Deluxe Reissue for the weekend. It is brand new.
    I am using a 72 Thinline (Humbuckers) and am noticing a buzzing noise at all volumes. If the guitar volume is turned down then there is no buzz but if it is turned up you get a buzzing noise. I'm new to this amp and am wondering if the buzzing sound is faithful to the original design or if this amp should be more quiet? Otherwise, the amp is great is every way. WHen I touch a pickup or strings the buzz disappears. I have isolated that it is not the guitar or cords or any thing electrical in my house (computers etc.) The amp is causing the sound but is it normal?

Thanks

Check to see if there is a ground select switch on the back of the amp.

A buzz like this that goes away when you touch the guitar strings or pickup is some sort of ground issue.

I wouldn't worry too much over it. You might want to try another guitar on the amp and try your guitar on another amp.

Comment

This amp should have a 3-pronged plug for grounding. If the cord wasn't plugged into a properly wired (grounded) outlet, then the amp will hum and buzz.

Comment

The amp is plugged into a socket that is wired directly to the panel. No issues there. It is clean power all the way.

There is indeed a 3 pronged plug, so no problem there.

Brand new house as well and no issues with wiring or buzz sounds on anything else.

Comment

There is no ground switch.

Comment

Try your guitar on another amp and/or another guitar on this amp. See which scenario the problems follows.

QUESTION: Does the amp buzz with no guitar plugged in? If so, there could be a problem with the shorting jack on the input. That might lead you to a ground issue on or around the input jack.

Comment

May be that the heater filaments are wired incorrectly.

Comment

If the guitar volume is turned down then there is no buzz but if it is turned up you get a buzzing noise
                Generally, if something like hum or buzz disappears when a control is turned down, the problem is BEFORE the control.
                That would lead me to the assumption that the guitar PUs or the cavity for the PUs are not shielded and pick up hum from a different source like a TV set or monitor etc..
                I would also assume that the amp is quiet, when no guitar is plugged in.

Comment

My DRRI also hums badly. Actually, some days it hums badly and some days it's quiet. When it hums, the hum goes away when I touch the strings. I've got no hum with no guitar plugged in.

My house has half the outlets grounded and the other half not. On the few times that I've swapped back-and-forth, the hum continued regardless of grounding.

I've always assumed that it's the guitar.

Chip

Comment

If turning the guitar voolume to zero eliminates the hum, then it is not coming from the amp.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X